This easy moist carrot cake is one of my favourite treats! We paired this cake with walnuts and a delicious homemade cream cheese frosting!
Easy Moist Carrot Cake Recipe
- 200 g of plain flour sifted
- 1 tsp of bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp of cinnamon powder
- A pinch of salt
- 270 g of caster sugar sifted
- 3 eggs
- 260 g of grated carrots
- 225 ml sunflower/vegetable oil
- Cream Cheese Icing
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 80 g cream cheese
- 275 g icing sugar
- 1 cup of walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4 and lightly grease two an 8" circular baking tin or two 8×4-inch loaf pans with sunflower oil.
- Add flour, caster sugar, bicarbonate soda, salt and cinnamon powder to a large bowl, mix well and set aside.
- Break eggs into another large bowl and whisk. Then, slowly pour the oil into the bowl while whisking. Once the eggs and oil are well combined add the carrots and mix again.
- Add the dry ingredients into the carrot mix and use a large spoon or spatula to mix everything together until well combined.
- Pour the cake mix into the greased tin and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Leave the cake to cool upside on a rack.
- Meanwhile, add unsalted butter to a medium sized bowl and whisk for 1 minute. Then add cream cheese and whisk until the two are well combined. Add half of the caster sugar and whisk for a couple of minutes. Finally, add the remaining caster sugar and whisk until spreadable.
- Once the carrot cake has cooled decorate it with the cream cheese icing and top with walnuts as shown!