This prawn veggie bowl has all of the goodies! Mix it all up together or eat each ingredient as you go. This bowl is also a great meal prep option.
Rice noodles are gluten free and they are very light. Rice noodles are a great alternative to rice and they tasted so delicious with with prawns in sweet chilli sauce. We added some vegetables as well to create a delicious, healthy balanced bowl.
100-200g of rice noodles
2 peeled carrots
1 broccoli (roughly chopped)
2 handfuls of large prawns
1/2 lettuce (chopped)
A sprinkle of sesame seeds
1/4 onion (chopped)
1 crushed garlic
2-3 tbsp of tomato puree
5-6 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce
Lemon juice to taste
1/2 – 1 cup of water
Salt to taste
Chilli powder to taste
2-3 tbsp of soy sauce
1. Season prawns with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Fry prawns for 3-5 minutes and set aside.
2. Heat a splash of oil in a wok pan. Add onions and garlic and cook until soft. Add tomato purée, salt, lemon juice, soy sauce, chilli powder and stir.
3. Pour water into the wok and bring to a boil. Then, add sweet chilli sauce and leave to cook for 3-5 (adjust the seasoning if necessary). Finally, add prawns to the sweet chilli sauce and stir.
4. Pour boiling water in a saucepan (or heatproof bowl), add a pinch of salt and add the noodles (make sure there is enough boiling water to cover the noodles). Leave to cook for 5-7 minutes then drain out the water.
5. Heat oil in a pan, fry broccoli for 5-7 minutes and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
6. Add peeled carrots, lettuce, broccoli, noodles, sweet chilli prawn sauce to a bowl and sprinkle sesame seeds on top!
Get ready to eat.