INGREDIENTS – 350 g Plain Flour – 200 g Ground walnuts – 1 tsp Ground cinnamon – 1 tsp Ground nutmeg – 1/2 tsp Fresh or ground ginger – 0.5 tsp of Salt – 1.25 tsp Baking soda – 1.25 Baking powder – 5 Eggs – 350 g Caster sugar – 320 g Grated carrots – 380 ml Oil
1. Add flour, ground walnuts, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, fresh or ground ginger, salt, baking soda and baking powder to a bowl and stir.
2. Mix the ingredients well and make sure everything is well combined.
3. Next, add eggs to a bowl.
4. Pour sugar into the bowl.
5. Whisk eggs and sugar for a couple of minutes.
6. Continue to whisk egg mixture and slowly pour in oil. Whisk for 2-3 minutes.
7. Add grated carrots to the egg and sugar mixture.
8. Stir well using a spoon or spatula.
9. Then, pour in the flour.
10. Mix carrot cake batter using a spoon or spatula.
11. Pour carrot cake batter into two tins. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until done.
11. Once done leave to cool and frost.
Enjoy a delicious slice of this carrot cake.