1. Heat water, salt, pepper, onion, garlic, cloves, orange, lemon, thyme, sage, a few bunches of rosemary and bay leaves in a large pot. Leave to cool.
2. Add a medium-sized turkey to the brine and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 180C/356F/ Gas 4. Add room temperature unsalted butter, rosemary, thyme, salt to taste, pepper to taste in a bowl and mix well.
4. Then, remove turkey from the brine and leave it to sit until it dries or pat it with a paper towel.
5. Rub the butter mixture on the body of the turkey and then add the turkey to a large oven dish breast side up.
6. Stuff the turkey with lemon, orange, garlic cloves and onion.
7. Tie the drumsticks, tuck the wings in and bake for 3-4 1/2 hrs. Check the turkey every 30 minutes and pour the juices from the tray on top of the turkey so that it does not dry out.
Once the turkey is ready leave it to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Serve this amazing Christmas turkey with roast potatoes, vegetables and gravy.