1. Line an 8″ baking tin and grease it lightly with oil or butter. Then heat 1/4 cup of unsalted butter and 1/2 a cup of brown sugar in a small pot.
Pour the mixture into the cake tin and place the mango slices on top of the butter and sugar mixture in a nice pattern.
2. Preheat oven at 160C/320F. Next, beat unsalted butter and granulated sugar in a medium sized bowl for 5 minutes.
3. Preheat oven at 160C/320F. Next, beat unsalted butter and granulated sugar in a medium sized bowl.
4. Beat unsalted butter and sugar for 5 minutes.
5.Then add one egg and whisk until the egg is well incorporated. Repeat this step for the remaining egg and add the vanilla essence.
6. Next, pour mango pulp into the egg and butter mixture. Mix well.
7. Then add the dry ingredients and mix well. Do not over mix the batter, there should still be some lumps in it.
8. Bake mango upside down cake for 30 minutes or until done. You can check if the cake is done by sticking a wooden skewer into it.
Once it comes out clean the cake is ready. Leave the cake to sit for at least 5 minutes before removing it from the tin.
Open the can of refrigerated coconut milk. Remove the hardened cream and add it to a bowl. Set any remaining liquid to the side as you won’t need it for this recipe.
Add sugar or honey to the bowl and whisk until it thickens and becomes creamy.
Serve each slice of mango cake with coconut cream.