This Simple Chocolate Pudding Recipe is a decadent delight you can whip up with just five ingredients. It has a silky smooth texture that melts in your mouth. Sprinkle some cocoa powder on top and enjoy this luscious dessert.
This silky chocolate pudding is a wonderful choice for a chocolate dessert that is easy to make and sure to impress. You only need five simple ingredients that you can find in any grocery store, and you can whip up this dessert in a matter of minutes. It is rich, creamy and satisfying and perfect for any occasion.
What I Love About This Recipe
- It has a smooth, silky, and creamy texture.
- Just five easy-to-find ingredients are needed to make it.
- It can be made in a ramekin or a dessert cup for different shapes.
- To feed a larger crowd, double or triple this recipe and increase the tin size accordingly.
- Milk: Use full-fat milk for this recipe for a rich, creamy flavor. Alternatively, you can use plant-based milk for a vegan option.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder: Use good quality cocoa powder for this recipe and sift it before mixing.
- Cornflour: Cornflour is an essential ingredient added to thicken the pudding.
- Sugar: Use granulated sugar to sweeten the dessert.
- Salt: Salt helps balance the sweetness of the dessert
How to Make Simple Chocolate Pudding
- In a bowl, whisk together cornflour, unprocessed cocoa powder, and milk until combined.
2. In a saucepan, pour milk and granulated sugar and mix until the sugar dissolves.
3. Pour the chocolate mixture through a sieve into the milk and sugar and stir for 3-5 minutes on medium heat until the mixture thickens.
4. Then, pour the thickened mixture into a loaf tin, ramekin or dessert cup and cover it with parchment paper. Let the pudding chill for at least 4 hours.
5. Once the pudding has been set, remove the parchment paper and gently use a knife to loosen the sides of the pudding. Then, tip the loaf tin onto a plate.
6. Finally, dust cocoa powder on top and serve this delicious chocolate pudding.
Tips and Tricks
- Unprocessed cocoa powder: select good quality cocoa powder for the best results. Make sure you sieve the cocoa powder to remove lumps in the pudding.
- Make ahead: This pudding can be made the night before and refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Sieve: make sure you sieve the chocolate mixture into the hot milk, as this will remove any lumps and ensure the pudding has a smooth texture.
If the pudding is watery, you can thicken it by adding 1-3 teaspoon of cornstarch. The amount of cornstarch you add depends on the thickness of the pudding.
Puddings can be boiled, steamed, or baked. They are typically made with bread, batter, milk, or even jelly. Some popular types of puddings include custards, curds, blancmange, and jelly.
Chocolate puddings typically contain sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and milk. A thickening agent such as cornstarch, egg, or gelatin is added to solidify the pudding.
Thanks for reading this recipe; comment below if you made this and let me know how it went! Follow @simshomekitchen on Instagram, take a photo, tag and hashtag it with @simshomekitchen.
Simple Chocolate Pudding Recipe
- mixing bowl
- 1.5 cups of milk
- 5 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder sieved
- 12 tablespoon of cornflour
- 3 cups of milk
- ¾ cup of sugar
- A pinch of salt
- Combine cornflour, unprocessed cocoa powder, and milk in a bowl, whisking until they’re well mixed. Next, in a saucepan, blend milk and granulated sugar, stirring until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Strain the chocolate mixture into the saucepan with the milk and sugar, stirring continuously on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes until it thickens.
- Transfer the thickened mixture into a loaf tin, dessert cup or ramekin, covering it with parchment paper. Allow the pudding to cool and set by chilling it for a minimum of 4 hours.
- After the pudding has set, remove the parchment paper and carefully loosen the pudding’s edges with a knife. Invert the loaf tin, dessert cup or ramekin onto a plate.
- Finish off by dusting the top with cocoa powder, and your delectable chocolate pudding is ready to be served.