This oven baked Cajun Honey Butter Salmon is a beautiful centerpiece that tastes delicious. You only need a few ingredients to make this mouthwatering flaky fish. Serve it with salad, vegetables or any other side of your choice.
If you want to wow your guests with a stunning main course, try this Cajun Honey Butter Salmon. It’s a simple recipe that produces a moist and flavourful fish with a golden crust. All you need are a few ingredients to make this amazing dish. You can pair it with salad, vegetables or any other side you like.
Nothing is ever left behind when I serve this main. You’ll love my lemon and pepper salmon if you like this recipe.
What I love about this recipe
- It is stunning and can be paired with a variety of sides.
- It is ready in 15 minutes!!
- You only need less than ten ingredients to make it.
- This salmon is far from bland and filled with flavor.
- Whole salmon fillet deboned: Use half a whole salmon fillet that has been deboned. Make sure the salmon has thawed before seasoning.
- Unsalted butter: The butter can be melted or at room temperature.
- Honey: Use good quality honey for the best flavor.
- Red chilli flakes: For heat. Add less or more depending on your preference.
- Cajun seasoning: Select low-sodium seasoning to control the salt content.
- Lemon juice: Squeezed and zested.
- Salt: To taste.
- Garlic cloves: Grated or minced.
- Parsley: To garnish.
This cajun honey salmon can be made on the stove in less than 20 minutes. You just need to season the salmon fillets, slice them and cook them in a skillet over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes per side, or until golden and flaky.
To make it in an air fryer preheat the air fryer to 200°C (390°F) and spray the basket with cooking spray. Then season the salmon fillets and air fry for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
How to Make Cajun Honey Butter Salmon
- Preheat oven at 180°C/160°C fan/350°F. Combine butter, garlic, cajun seasoning, salt, red pepper flakes and lemon juice, zest in a bowl and mix.
2. Place the fillet on a lined greased baking tray. Then, coat the salmon in the marinade. Bake for 15 minutes and baste with the remaining marinade every 5 minutes.
3. Drizzle honey on top in the last 5 minutes and a few more pepper flakes (optional). Then, remove the salmon from the oven add fresh chopped parsley on top.
5. Serve this mouthwatering salmon for dinner with potatoes, rice, salad or vegetables.
Tips and Tricks
- Frozen salmon: If you want frozen salmon for this recipe, you must defrost it first. Leave it to thaw in the fridge overnight before preparing.
- Salmon: You can also chop the fillets instead of serving it whole.
- Oven: Do not overcook the salmon as it will dry out.
Cajun butter is a type of flavored butter that includes Cajun seasoning, fresh parsley, fresh garlic and unsalted butter.
Some of the dishes that pair well with salmon are vegetables, salad, and and potatoes. These foods complement the flavor and texture of the salmon and provide a balanced and nutritious meal.
Place salmon in an airtight container and refridgertae for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave for a few minutes when you are ready to serve.
Thanks for reading this recipe; comment below if you made this and let me know how it went! Follow @simshomekitchen on Instagram, take a photo, tag and hashtag it with @simshomekitchen.
Cajun Honey Butter Salmon
- baking tray
- Basting brush
- 1/2 a whole salmon fillet deboned
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/2-3/4 tsp red chilli flakes
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 lemon juice squeezed and zest
- 3 garlic cloves grated
- Parsely to garnish
- Preheat oven at 180°C/160°C fan/350°F. In a bowl, mix together butter, garlic, Cajun seasoning, salt, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, and zest until well combined.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spray it with cooking spray. Place the salmon fillet on the tray and spread the butter mixture over it.
- Bake the salmon in a preheated oven for 15 minutes, basting it with the remaining butter mixture every 5 minutes.
- In the last 5 minutes of baking, drizzle some honey over the salmon and sprinkle some more red pepper flakes if you like it spicy.
- Take the salmon out of the oven and garnish it with some fresh chopped parsley.
- Enjoy this mouthwatering salmon for dinner with your choice of side dishes, such as potatoes, rice, salad, or vegetables.