This salmon and veggie noodle bowl has all the goodies! This bowl was ready in less than 20 minutes to make so have a go at creating your own healthy bowl!
This bowl has all the goodies! Eating healthy doesn’t have to be a chore.
One of our new favorite ingredients is rice noodles! Rice noodles are gluten-free, low in carbohydrates, super easy to prepare and very light. Rice noodles go well with most things and they tasted amazing in this salmon bowl. https://www.nutritionvalue.org/Rice_noodles%2C_dry_nutritional_value.html
How To Make The Salmon and Veggie Noodle Bowl
- Start off by lightly oiling sweetcorn and grill on each side for 8-10 minutes. Meanwhile, add a splash of oil, salt to taste, pepper to taste, 1/2-1 tsp of soy sauce, 1 tsp of lemon juice, 1/4 tsp of garlic powder and 1 tsp of honey to a bowl and mix. Then, coat the salmon in the mixture and fry on both sides for 3-5 minutes.
- Next, add 100-200 g of rice noodles to a bowl, pour boiling water into the bowl (enough to cover the rice noodles) and leave to cook for 4-6 minutes. Add 1-2 tbsp of oyster sauce to noodles for extra flavor (optional).
- Finally, chop tomatoes and cucumber, peel avocado and slice in half. Then, plate up as shown and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
This meal is best eaten on the day.
Feel free to swap the salmon with any protein of your choice e.g chicken, beef or prawns. In addition, you can add your favorite veggies to this bowl. There really are no rules!
Delicious Salmon & Veggie Noodle Bowl
- 2 Salmon fillets
- 100-200 g Rice Noodles
- 2 Corn on the cob
- 1 Avocado
- 2 handfuls Baby tomatoes
- 2 handfuls Baby Spinach washed
- 1/2 diced Cucumber
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2-1 tsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1-2 tbsp Oyster sauce optional
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- a splash of olive oil
- A sprinkle of sesame seed
- Lightly oil sweetcorn and grill for 8-10 minutes on each side.
- Add a splash of oil, salt, pepper, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic powder and honey to a bowl and mix. Coat salmon in the mixture and fry on both sides for 3-5 minutes.
- Add rice noodles to a bowl and then pour enough boiling water to cover the noodles and leave to cook for 4-6 minutes. Add oyster sauce to noodles for extra flavour (optional).
- Chop tomatoes and cucumber. Peel avocado and slice in half.
- Plate up as shown and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.