This Easy Chocolate Bark with Nuts is a decadent and festive treat that you can make with just a few ingredients. The chocolate is rich and smooth, while the nuts and pretzels add crunch and texture. Serve as a snack or gift during Christmas.
Chocolate bark is a simple and delicious treat that you can customize with your favorite ingredients and enjoy during the holidays. To make it, you need to temper the chocolate, which means heating and cooling it to a specific temperature to make it shiny and snappy. Then, you can add nuts, dried fruits, candies, or anything else you like and spread the mixture on a baking sheet. Once the chocolate is set, you can break it into pieces and hear the satisfying snap sound. Chocolate bark is a great way to use up any leftover chocolate or toppings you have in your pantry. It also makes a lovely gift for your friends and family.
What I Love About This Recipe
- It is quick and easy to make.
- The ingredients are affordable and can be found in your pantry.
- It is a delicious chocolatey treat that satisfies the sweet tooth.
- It is easy to customize to your taste.
- Dark chocolate: Use good-quality dark chocolate. For a bittersweet flavor select dark chocolate that is 60% cacao content.
- White chocolate chips:
- Pistachio: Remove the shell from of the pistachios. You can use roasted pistachios or raw but raw pistachios won’t be as crunchy.
- Almond: Use good-quality roasted almonds.
- Pecans: Select good-quality pecans for the best flavor.
- Pretzels: Select your favorite pretzels.
- Sea salt: To balance out the sweetness of the chocolate bark.
- You can make chocolate bark with coconut oil. Coconut oil adds a subtle coconut flavor and a smooth texture to the chocolate.
- If it’s camping season grab some marshmallows and make chocolate bark with marshmallows! Marshmallows add a soft and chewy contrast to the crunchy chocolate. Use large or mini marshmallows depending on your preference.
- To make a classic and simple version of chocolate bark add peanuts as a topping. Peanuts add a nutty and salty flavor and a crunchy texture to the chocolate.
How to Make Chocolate Bark
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C fan) and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Place chocolate on a lined baking tray and bake for 10 minutes. Stir the chocolate with a spatula until smooth and glossy.
Alternatively, you can melt the chocolate on the stove. Fill a saucepan with some water and bring it to a simmer over low heat. Place a heatproof bowl over the saucepan, making sure it does not touch the water. Add the chocolate to the bowl and stir occasionally with a spatula until melted and smooth.
2. Sprinkle the white chocolate chips, nuts, and pretzels over the chocolate and press them lightly into the chocolate.
3. Leave the bark to cool or refrigerate the chocolate bark until set for about an hour.
4. Sprinkle sea salt on top and serve chocolate bark as a treat.
Tips and Tricks
- Chocolate: Use good-quality chocolate for the best flavor and texture. You can use dark, milk, white chocolate, or a combination.
- Melting: Do not heat the chocolate in the microwave, as it will not be tempered. Tempering is the process of heating and cooling the chocolate to a specific temperature to make it shiny and snappy. To temper the chocolate, you can use the oven or the stove method.
- Add-ins: Add less or more of the toppings depending on your taste and preference. You can use nuts, dried fruits, candies, or spices to create different flavors and textures. For example, you can add more pretzels if you enjoy salty and crunchy treats. You can also add some sea salt flakes, cinnamon, or chili powder to contrast flavors.
Chocolate bark is a dessert that is made by spreading tempered melted chocolate on a baking sheet and sprinkling various toppings over it. The toppings can include nuts, dried fruits, sprinkles, more chocolate, or anything else you like. The chocolate hardens and breaks into pieces that look like tree bark. Chocolate bark is easy to make and fun to customize. It is also a wonderful gift or treat for the holidays or special occasions.
No, chocolate bark is not the same as chocolate. It is made by tempering chocolate and adding additional ingredients like nuts and dried fruits.
Refrigerate in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks. It can also be left on the countertop at room temperature for 5 days.
Leave it to cool at room temperature or refrigerate for one hour.
Thanks for reading this recipe; comment below if you made this and let me know how it went! Follow @simshomekitchen on Instagram, take a photo, tag and hashtag it with @simshomekitchen.
Chocolate Bark with Nuts
- baking tray
- mixing bowl
- 400 g of dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp of white chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp of pistachios
- 2 tbsp of pecans
- 2 tbsp of almonds
- 2 tbsp of raisins
- 1/4 cup of pretzels
- A sprinkle of sea salt
- Heat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan) and put parchment paper on a baking tray. Break the chocolate into pieces and put them on the tray. Bake for 10 minutes and then stir the chocolate until it is shiny and smooth. You can also melt the chocolate in a pot. Boil some water in a saucepan over low heat. Put a bowl on top of the saucepan, but make sure it does not touch the water. Put the chocolate in the bowl and stir it now and then until it is melted and smooth.
- Scatter the white chocolate chips, nuts, and pretzels over the chocolate and push them gently into the chocolate.
- Let the bark cool down or put it in the fridge until it is hard for about an hour.
- Sprinkle some sea salt on top and enjoy your chocolate bark as a treat.