This Easy Christmas Chocolate Fudge recipe is so easy and delicious! You only need 3 ingredients to make this smooth and rich fudge. It is perfect for a festive treat, snack or dessert.
This fudge recipe is a wonderful Christmas treat that you can make with less than 5 ingredients. It is so creamy and delicious that you will want more. The festive sprinkles add a touch of colour and fun to this decadent dessert.
What I love about this recipe
- You can make this fudge with just three ingredients. Sprinkles are optional, but they add some fun and color.
- It is super easy to make and requires no cooking or baking. Just melt, mix, and chill.
- This fudge is a perfect addition to any dessert spread. It is rich, creamy, and delicious.
- It is also budget-friendly. You don’t need to spend a lot of money to make this sweet treat.
- You can customize this fudge by adding your favorite toppings, such as marshmallows, pretzels, nuts, or chocolate chips.
- Dark chocolate: Use good quality chocolate for the best flavor.
- Condensed milk: Use condensed and not evaporated milk because it has a thicker texture.
- Vanilla extract: For sweetness.
- Christmas sprinkles (optional): I use green red and white sprinkles to make the fudge extra Christmasy.
Adding butter to fudge can make it more shiny and smooth. Butter helps prevent the sugar crystals from forming too large, making the fudge grainy. Butter also adds a rich flavour and a glossy appearance to the fudge.
If you prefer a simple and classic fudge, you can skip the sprinkles and make it plain. Sprinkles are optional and only add some colour and crunch to the fudge. You can still enjoy the delicious chocolate taste of the fudge without any toppings.
How to Make Chocolate Fudge
- Combine chocolate chips or chunks, condensed milk, and vanilla in a microwave-safe bowl.
2. Microwave the ingredients until they are melted, stirring every 30 seconds to prevent the chocolate from burning. The mixture should be smooth and glossy.
3. Pour the chocolate mixture into a square tray lined with parchment paper. Tap the tray on the counter or use an offset spatula to smooth the surface.
4. Sprinkle some festive sprinkles on top of the chocolate and press them lightly with your fingers if needed. Cover the fudge with plastic wrap and let it set in the freezer for atleast 2-3 hours.
5. Once the fudge has set, let it come to room temperature then cut it into equal-sized squares with a sharp knife.
6. Savour your easy and scrumptious Christmas chocolate fudge or share it with your loved ones as a thoughtful gift!
Tips and Tricks
- Chocolate: Use good quality chocolate for the best taste. If you are using a chocolate bar, make sure you chop it into small chunks before heating as this will help it to melt faster.
- Fudge mix: You can also melt the ingredients on the stove if you don’t want to use a microwave.
- Batches: Feel free to double or triple this recipe if you feed a crowd.
You can arrange them in a gift box, tin, or basket, and decorate with ribbons, stickers, or tags. You can also add some tissue paper or shredded paper to fill the gaps and make the gift look more festive.
Fudge is mainly made with sugar, butter, and milk, while chocolate fudge includes cocoa or chocolate.
Place the fudge in an airtight container for up to two weeks in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight or on the countertop. If you want to keep the fudge for up to three weeks, you can store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Freeze the fudge for three months in an airtight container. Make sure to wrap it well and seal it tightly, as the fudge can lose moisture and become dry in the freezer.
Thanks for reading this recipe; comment below if you made this and let me know how it went! Follow @simshomekitchen on Instagram, take a photo, tag and hashtag it with @simshomekitchen.
Easy Christmas Chocolate Fudge
- 8×8 or 9×9 inch square baking tray
- mixing bowl
- Parchment paper
- 400 g dark chocolate or chocolate chips chopped
- 1 can of condensed milk 400ml
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Christmas sprinkles optional
- Add chocolate chips or chunks to a bowl. Then pour condensed milk and vanilla into the bowl.
- Heat the ingredients in a microwave bowl until melted. You can do this in 30 second intervals and mix in between to prevent the chocolate from burning. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a lined square tray. Top the chocolate with sprinkles and gently press sprinkles in if necessary.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Once the fudge is firm use a knife to cut the fudge into equal sized square pieces.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Chocolate: Use good quality chocolate for the best taste. You can use chocolate chips or a chocolate bar, but if you use a bar, chop it into small pieces before melting it. This will make it easier and faster to melt the chocolate evenly.
- Customize: Feel free to skip the sprinkles and make plain fudge instead.
- Batches: You can make more or less fudge depending on how many people you want to serve. You can double or triple this recipe if you need more fudge, or halve it if you need less. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and the size of the pan accordingly.