This Milk Chocolate Ganache aka ganache de chocolate is decadent, smooth and creamy just as ganache should be. Level up your desserts and cakes with this incredibly easy, 2-ingredient ganache recipe that is simple and quick to prepare!
About this Recipe
This milk chocolate ganache is finger-licking good and so easy to make. You don’t need to make it on the stove and it only requires one bowl, which means less washing up!
Chocolate ganache is a simple recipe that is made by combining chocolate and cream. It can be made using white, dark or milk chocolate.
Depending on what you are using it for and the ratios of the ingredients, chocolate ganache can be used as either a sauce, filling, glaze, icing or frosting.
This recipe uses milk chocolate and is super easy to make. Just follow the recipe and you are sure to get a yummy ganache ready in no time!
Milk Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
This milk chocolate ganache uses only two ingredients.
- Milk Chocolate: For the best results, use good quality milk chocolate for this recipe. There are several good, quality brands that produce quality chocolate suitable for making ganache. A good example and a personal favorite is Callebaut Chocolate. It can be pretty expensive but I promise, the result it produces is well worth the money.
- Whipping Cream: You can also use double cream for this. The high-fat content is important for this recipe and as such, I would not recommend substituting with single or light cream.
How to Make Milk Chocolate Ganache
1.To make this recipe, place the chocolate in a bowl. If you are using a bar, chop it into chunks. This allows the chocolate to melt faster.
2. Pour double/whipping cream into the chocolate chunks and pop it into the microwave. Warm in the microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring after every 30 seconds. Repeat the process until the chocolate is fully melted.
3. Cover the ganache with cling film, making sure the cling film touches the ganache. This helps to prevent air bubbles.
4. Then, refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or leave to sit at room temperature for 5-6 hours.
5. Finally, whip the ganache using a stand or hand mixer for a few minutes or until the ganache is spreadable. Use this smooth, creamy milk chocolate ganache as a cake filling, to frost cupcakes or cakes and any other dessert of your choice!
- Chocolate: As mentioned above, use only good quality chocolate for the best results. Your ganache will look and taste better with quality chocolate.
- Microwave: Do not heat up your chocolate and cream for more than 30 seconds in the microwave. This prevents the chocolate from burning. It may be time-consuming to warm at 30-second intervals but it ensures your chocolate melts properly without the risk of burning.
- Stove: If you don’t have a microwave or prefer to use a stove to make your ganache, simply bring the cream to a boil, remove the cream from the heat and add in your chocolate, stirring until the chocolate is completely melted.
Yes. You can use any type of chocolate for drip cakes- milk, dark and white chocolates all work fine.
Yes. Chocolate ganache hardens as it cools down. This can be done by either allowing the ganache to cool down in the fridge or by allowing it to cool down at room temperature.
Ganache is made by combining warm cream with chocolate. It can be milk, dark or white chocolate ganache depending on the chocolate used. You can use ganache as a glaze, filling, sauce or frosting for pastries, cakes and desserts.
Chocolate ganache hardens as it cools down. It can be in the fridge or at room temperature. Chocolate ganache hardens faster in the fridge than at room temperature. If your ganache hardens, simply warm it in the microwave at 30-second intervals until you get a peanut butter consistency.
Thanks for reading this recipe, comment below if you made this and let me know how it went! Follow @simshomekitchen on Instagram, take a photo, tag and hashtag it with @simshomekitchen.
Milk Chocolate Ganache
- 600 g milk chocolate
- 300 g whipping cream
- Add chocolate chunks to a large bowl.
- Pour in double cream.
- Warm for 30 seconds in the microwave and stir (repeat this step until the chocolate mix is smooth).
- Leave the mixture to cool. Cover the ganache with cling film (make sure the cling film touches the ganache to prevent air bubbles).
- Refrigerate ganache for 2 hours or leave to cool for 5-6 hours.
- Then whisk for 2 minutes or until spreadable.
- Start decorating!