This healthy green omelet idea is just what you need to start your day. With just a few ingredients you can create this delicious breakfast in minutes! Serve for breakfast or brunch.
About this Recipe
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, as they say! And what’s more important than a healthy green omelette packed full of proteins, nutrients, vitamins, and everything that will keep you full and happy throughout the day?
This is a super delicious breakfast that’s got a little bit of salt, a little bit of sweetness, and lots of savory flavors to enjoy. It also has almost no carbs, so it totally beats having another slice of toast in the morning.
Did You Know…?
Did you know that eggs are one of the healthiest foods in the world? Especially for breakfast! According to a USC study, eggs have over 10 vitamins and nutrients, low calories, and the ability to raise good cholesterol. They can even help strengthen your weak eyesight!
Not to mention they are one of the oldest substances on the planet. Come to think of it, which came first, the chicken or the egg?
Either way, it’s time to get those eggs in the pan ASAP!
A Healthy Green Omelette Idea
1. Crack 3 large eggs into a bowl and add salt, pepper, and your favourite seasonings. Beat until smooth and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat a splash of olive in a frying pan. Pour your eggs into the pan. Very soon, the egg will start to settle and harden into a recognizable omelet shape. This is your chance to add your greens. We recommend ¼ chopped broccoli, 1-2 tbsp of peas, and ¼ handful of spinach.
3. Optional: Add between 30-50g of shredded cheese or a nutritional cheese of your choice.
4. Once your ingredients are added, flip the omelette over, cook it for another minute or two, and then serve.
Don’t Forget Your Sides
Omelettes go great with other hearty breakfast sides like a small salad, a whole-wheat bagel, or some fresh slices of fruit. You can also keep the omelette in the pan for a little while longer until it becomes more solid and crispy, and transform it into a hearty frittata that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
If you have just a few pieces of omelette left, you can scramble them up and add them to another fresh dish. Perhaps you plan on making veggie fried rice or paella for dinner. Add some scrambled egg goodies from your leftover omelette and you have another source of protein that can be enjoyed time and time again!
- How to make a Vegetarian Omelette
- Sausage Scrambled Eggs Breakfast Prep
- 18 Best Vegetarian Recipes for Beginners
Healthy Green Omelette idea
- 3 eggs
- ¼ chopped broccoli
- 1-2 tbsp of peas
- 1/4 a handful of spinach
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- A splash of olive oil
- Crack 3 large eggs into a bowl and add salt, pepper, and your favourite seasonings. Beat until smooth and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a splash of olive oil in a frying pan. Pour your eggs into the pan. Very soon, the egg will start to settle and harden into the recognisable omelette shape. This is your chance to add your greens. We recommend ¼ chopped broccoli, 1-2 tbsp of peas, and 1/4 a handful of spinach.
- Optional: Add between 30-50g of shredded cheese or a nutritional cheese of your choice.
- Once your ingredients are added, flip the omelette over, cook it for another minute or two, and then serve.