This stunning Raspberry and Pistachio Cheesecake is pure indulgence! It has a creamy pistachio filling and is topped with a homemade raspberry sauce, fresh raspberries and crunchy crushed pistachios. Make this tasty no-bake dessert with simple ingredients and serve cool.
Silky, creamy and delicious. This pistachio cheesecake dessert has it all! The digestive biscuits give it a crunchy addictive base while the creamy pistachio cheesecake filling will leave you drooling. To top it off the cheesecake is decorated with raspberry sauce and fresh raspberries which add a sour-sweet flavor while the pistachios add a fantastic crunch.
What I love About This Recipe
My favorite thing about this pistachio cheesecake is that it is easy to make and delivers amazing flavor! It is also no bake which means that it chilled and set in the fridge rather than being baked in the oven like a classic cheesecake.
Another great thing about this cheesecake is that it can be topped with different ingredients to suit your taste. For example, you can top this cheesecake with white chocolate, dark chocolate, plain, pistachio ganache or with pistachio nuts instead of raspberries. However, I do love the addition of raspberries as pistachios and raspberries pair together really well.
This mouth-watering dessert can be served at dinner parties, birthdays and special celebrations.
- Unsalted butter – This is used to help the biscuit base of the cheesecake stick together. Do not use salted butter as it will affect the taste of the biscuit base.
- Digestive Biscuits – These biscuits are used to make the delicious biscuit base of the cheesecake.
- Pistachio paste – This nutty paste is combined with cream cheese and heavy cream to make the cheesecake filling. You can use shop-bought pistachio paste or make your own from scratch.
- Heavy cream – Use full-fat heavy cream for the best results.
- Sugar – Adds sweetness to the cheesecake. If you don’t want to use sugar as a sweetener then add honey as a sweetener and make a honey pistachio cheesecake instead. However, you may need to alter the ingredients to ensure the filling sets.
- Salt – A pinch of salt will balance out the flavors in this luscious dessert.
- Green food coloring (optional) – Feel free to add a drop of green color to intensify the green color in the cheesecake
- Pistachio Extract (optional) – If you want to intensify the pistachio flavor in the cheesecake then add 1/4-1 tsp of pistachio extract while making the cheesecake filling.
For Decorating Pistachio Cheesecake
- Pistachios – Crush pistachios and add them to the top of the cheesecake.
- Raspberries – Heat frozen raspberries and water in a small saucepan on the stove to make the raspberry sauce topping and add fresh raspberries around the cheesecake.
- Food processor
- Electric or handheld whisk
- Springform baking tin
- Mixing bowl
- Vegan pistachio cheesecake – If you want to veganize this pistachio cheesecake then you may use coconut cream instead of heavy cream and swap unsalted butter with coconut oil.
- Keto pistachio cheesecake – To make keto cheesecake you will need to make an almond base and substitute the sugar with a keto alternative.
- White chocolate pistachio cheesecake – If you prefer white chocolate to raspberries then top it with white chocolate sauce, white chocolate ganache, white chocolate shards or white chocolate sprinkles instead.
- Baked pistachio cheesecake – Alternatively this cheesecake can be baked American-style however this would require different ingredients and a slightly different method of preparation.
How to Make Pistachio Cheesecake
Crumble Digestive Biscuits
- Add the digestive biscuits to a food processor, add melted unsalted butter.
2. Add 1 tsp of pistachio paste and blitz until the mixture becomes crumbs.
Make Biscuit Base
3. Use a springform pan and add the crumbled buttery digestive biscuits to it and use a spoon to firmly press the crumbs evenly into the base of the pan. This will create a solid biscuit base. Set aside for later.
Use a springform pan as it will be easy to remove the cheesecake once it has set.
Combine with Cream Cheese
4. In a glass or ceramic bowl, add cream cheese, sugar and pistachio paste and mix until evenly combined.
5. Meanwhile, whip double cream until stiff peaks appear.
6. Next, add the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture gradually and fold in the whipped cream using a spatula. Folding the mixture will help the cheesecake mixture stay firm.
Option to add drops of green food coloring at this stage to darken cheesecake. You can also add a drop of pistachio extract to intensify the pistachio flavor.
7. Once the pistachio cheesecake filling is ready add it on top of the biscuit base and use a smoother to smooth the top of the filling evenly.
8. Cover the cheesecake with cling film and leave it to set overnight or for 5-6 hours in the fridge.
9. Feel free to serve the cheesecake plain or follow the rest of the recipe and decorate with raspberries.
Decorate Pistachio Cheesecake
10. Add cooled raspberry sauce homemade or shop bought to the top of the cheesecake.
To make raspberry sauce heat 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries in a saucepan with 1 tbsp of water on low heat. Mash them and stir from time to time. The raspberries will eventually become liquid. Add more water if necessary to loosen the consistency.
11. Add fresh raspberries around the rim of the cheesecake. Then add crushed pistachios to the top of the cheesecake.
12. Serve this mouth-watering Pistachio and Raspberry cheesecake as dessert or a sweet treat and enjoy!
Top Tips and Tricks
- Whipped cream: Whipping the cream perfectly is key to a perfect cheesecake. Use cold whipped cream for the best results and make sure the whipped cream has stiff peaks. You can also use cold equipment to ensure that cream doesn’t melt quickly.
- Cream cheese: Use full-fat cream cheese for the best results.
- Chill: Make sure to chill the cheesecake for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight before you top it. You should also make sure that the topping is cool to prevent the cheesecake filling from melting.
- Folding: Fold the whipped cream and cream cheese gently or the cheesecake won’t be airy and firm.
- Additional: Feel free to add drops of green food coloring to intensify the green color in the cheesecake. You can also add a drop of pistachio extract to intensify the pistachio flavor.
Pistachio cheesecake has sweet, salty, creamy and nutty flavors as well as a velvety smooth texture. Most pistachio cheesecakes have a crunchy biscuit base and can be served plain or topped with raspberries, white chocolate or dark chocolate.
Pistachios have a slightly salty and sweet nutty flavor. They have a hard outer shell that is not edible and are green in color.
If you want a stronger pistachio flavor in your desserts then add a few drops of pistachio flavoring.
Pistachios pair well with raspberries, white chocolate, milk or dark chocolate, honey and dried fruits.
More Related Recipes
- Whipped White Chocolate Pistachio Ganache
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Pistachios and Cognac Buttercream Frosting
- Easy Victoria Sponge Cake Recipe
- No-Bake Lotus Biscoff Cheesecake
Thanks for reading this recipe, comment below if you made this and let me know how it went! Follow @simshomekitchen on Instagram, take a photo, tag and hashtag it with @simshomekitchen.
Raspberry and Pistachio Cheesecake
- Hand held or electric whisk
- springform pan
- 250 g digestive biscuits
- 100 g of melted butter
- 1 tsp of pistachio paste
- 400 g of cream cheese
- 80 g pistachio paste
- 75 g of sugar
- 250 ml heavy cream
- A drop of green food coloring optional
- 1/4 tsp Pistachio extract optional
- 1/2 cup of raspberries
- 1/4 cup of crushed pistachio
- Fresh raspberries
- 1-3 tbsp water
- Add the digestive biscuits to a food processor and add melted unsalted butter. Next, add 1 tsp of pistachio paste and blitz until the mixture becomes crumbs.
- Add the crumbled digestive biscuits to the springform pan and use a spoon to firmly press the crumbs evenly into the base of the pan. This will create a solid biscuit base. Set aside for later. Use a springform pan as it will be easy to remove the cheesecake once it has set.
Cream cheese filling
- Next, add cream cheese, sugar and pistachio paste to a bowl and mix until evenly combined.
- Meanwhile, whip double cream until stiff peaks appear.
- Next, add the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture gradually and fold in the whipped cream using a spatula.
- Once the pistachio cheesecake filling is ready add it on top of the biscuit base and use a smoother to smooth the top of the filling evenly.
- Cover the cheesecake with cling film and leave it to set overnight or for 5-6 hours in the fridge.
- Pour cooled raspberry sauce on top of the cheesecake. To make raspberry sauce heat 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries in a saucepan with 1 tbsp of water on low heat. Mash them and stir from time to time. The raspberries will eventually become liquid. Add more water if necessary to loosen the consistency.
- Next, add fresh raspberries around the rim of the cheesecake. Then add crushed pistachios to the centre of the cheesecake.
- Serve this mouth-watering Pistachio and Raspberry cheesecake as dessert or a sweet treat and enjoy!