This broccoli, pea, and mint soup is bright, warming, and nutritious. It includes fresh, tasty green veggies and has a rich, creamy texture that makes it so satisfying. Serve this vegan soup for lunch or dinner with crusty bread, crunchy croutons or pumpkin seeds.
About This Recipe
If you’re a soup lover, then this green soup is definitely the recipe for you. And even if you aren’t, then this recipe will surely convert you!
In my opinion, a light, satisfying soup is the perfect cold-weather meal. They’re so filling and warming, not to mention healthy. Meals like this Broccoli Pea and Mint Soup are my favorite way to enjoy a hearty meal, without turning to heavy comfort foods.
This soup in particular is also a great option if you want to give your digestive system a break. The ingredients in this recipe are easy to digest and full of gut-healthy fiber.
Ingredient Swaps and Alternatives
If you don’t have all of the healthy soup ingredients on hand, you can make some simple swaps and still enjoy a warm bowl of healthy soup tonight.
- In general, when making puréed soups you can vary the amounts of water/vegetable stock to achieve your preferred consistency. Some people prefer looser soups while others prefer a thicker consistency. Use more or less vegetable stock in this recipe, according to your preference.
- I use fresh broccoli for this recipe, but feel free to use frozen broccoli instead.
- You can also add double cream to the soup to make it even more creamy (vegetarian option).
- This soup can be served with crusty bread or croutons.
How to Make Broccoli Pea and Mint Soup
This soup is bright green, rich and creamy. And the best part? It’s so easy to make!
Here are the simple steps to whipping up a batch of homemade Broccoli Pea and Mint Soup any night of the week:
- First, heat a splash of olive oil in a large saucepan. Then add onions and garlic and cook until soft. Add broccoli, frozen peas, and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Next, pour 2 cups of vegetable stock into the pot and bring to a boil. At this point, you may need to add more water to cover the peas and broccoli if necessary. Then add the potato and cook on low heat for 5 minutes, or until the broccoli is crisp-tender. I like to use a fork to test for doneness.
- Once the ingredients are cooked, let them cool in the saucepan. Then transfer the soup to a blender, add the mint, and blend until smooth.
- Just before serving, reheat the soup in a saucepan for 3-5 minutes on a low heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, serve your beautiful Broccoli Pea and Mint Soup garnished with a mint leaf.
How to Serve Broccoli Pea and Mint Soup
I love serving this warming green soup with a torn piece of crusty bread. The fun part is that you can also add your favorite toppings to your bowl.
Here are some of my favorite ways to top and flavor Broccoli Pea and Mint Soup:
- Crunchy croutons
- Grated cheese, like Parmesan
- A dollop of yogurt or sour cream
- Toasted pumpkin seeds
How to Store Broccoli Pea and Mint Soup
This soup is best eaten right after making. However, you can let the soup cool and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. If you find the soup is thicker than when you first made it, simply thin it out with a bit more broth or water.
You can also freeze this soup for up to 3 months. It makes a refreshing an vibrant dinner in the dead of winter.
More Delicious Broccoli Recipes
Thanks for reading this recipe, comment below if you made this, and let me know how it went! Follow @simshomekitchen on Instagram, take a photo, tag and hashtag it with simshomekitchen.
Broccoli, Pea and Mint Soup
- Blender or Food processor
- 1 Broccoli (washed)
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1/2 a handful of mint leaves
- 1 Large potatoes (pre-cooked)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 cup of vegetable stock
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to tatse
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a large saucepan. Add onions, garlic and and cook until soft. Add broccoli, frozen peas and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour in 2 cups of vegetable stock and bring to a boil (add more water to cover the peas and broccoli if necessary). Add the potato and leave the ingredients to cook on a low heat for 5 minutes or until the broccoli is soft.
- Once the ingredients are cooked leave them to cool in the saucepan. Add all of the ingredients into a blender (including the vegetable stock) along with the mint and blend until smooth.
- Reheat the soup in a saucepan for 3-5 minutes on a low heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and garnish with a mint leaf.