Dazzle your guests with a show-stopping Christmas Sausage Wreath with Cranberry Sauce made from flaky, buttery puff pastry and generously filled with savory sausage. This appetizer is the epitome of festive flavor. Serve it alongside cranberry sauce to add a touch of holiday cheer to your table.
If you’re searching for a savory delight that will be a hit this Christmas, look no further than this puff pastry masterpiece! The sausage wreath is a culinary creation that involves encasing succulent sausage in puff pastry and artfully shaping it into a festive wreath. Its harmonious, flaky texture and rich flavor make for an irresistible Christmas treat.
Don’t miss out on another fan favorite – the Cheese and Garlic Puff Pastry Tree, which has garnered over 3.7 million views on TikTok!
What I Love About this Recipe
- This recipe serves as a stunning centerpiece that is both savory and delicious, providing a satisfyingly filling dish.
- You can tailor the sausage filling to suit your personal taste preferences.
- This appetizer can be prepared in under 30 minutes, making it a quick and impressive option for your festive gatherings!
- Serve it with any dip or sauce of your choice.
- Sausage (without the skin): Remove the skin to allow you to shape and season the meat to your preference. Use pork, beef, chicken or vegan sausages.
- Puff pastry: This light and flaky dough is the perfect vessel for the sausage, creating a buttery and crisp exterior once baked. I use ready-made puff pastry for this recipe.
- Egg wash: Make the egg wash by combining one egg + one tablespoon of water. This gives the pastry a beautiful golden color.
- Rosemary: For a herby flavor.
- Cranberry sauce: The tart and sweet cranberry sauce is the ideal accompaniment.
- Seasoning: Enhance the sausage mixture with a sprinkle of nutmeg, black pepper, and rosemary. Nutmeg adds a warm, nutty flavor, while black pepper provides a slight heat. Rosemary’s pine-like aroma is perfect for the holiday season.
- Herb Addition: Incorporate some fresh thyme into the mix. Thyme’s subtle, earthy flavor complements the other herbs and spices beautifully.
How to Make Christmas Sausage Wreath
- Preheat oven to 400f/200c/ gas. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Remove sausage skin and add sausages to a bowl. Add sage and onion seasoning (optional) and mix gently.
2. Use a rolling pin to roll puffed pastry into a rectangular.
Add sausage filling vertically along the pastry and roll to form a log.
Then create a circle with the log and cut equal-sized slits along the sausage-filled pastry and gently twist so that the sausage filling is facing upwards.
3. Gently add wreath to the lined baking tray and baste with egg wash. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until done.
Once done serve with cranberry sauce and garnish with rosemary.
Tips and Tricks
Sausage: do not overmix the sausage filling as this will make it tough.
This wreath is best eaten fresh.
Use any sausage of your choice for this recipe. You can use pork, beef chicken or vegan sausages for the filling.
Thanks for reading this recipe; comment below if you made this and let me know how it went! Follow @simshomekitchen on Instagram, take a photo, tag and hashtag it with @simshomekitchen.
Christmas Sausage Wreath with Cranberry Sauce
- baking tray
- Parchment paper
- Basting bruch
- 500 g of sausage without the skin
- 500 g of puff pastry
- ¼ teaspoon sage
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Egg wash 1 egg + 1 tablespoon of water
- Cranberry sauce for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C/gas mark 6) and line a tray with parchment.
- De-skin sausages, place in a bowl, optionally add sage and onion seasoning, and mix.
- Roll puff pastry into a rectangle, spread sausage mix along one side, roll into a log, form a circle, and cut and twist slits to expose filling.
- Place wreath on tray, apply egg wash, and bake for 20 minutes until golden.
- Serve with cranberry sauce and rosemary garnish.