Make this mouth-watering Easy Honey Sriracha Sauce with seven easy-to-find ingredients. It is sweet, sticky, and delicious and can be served as a sauce or with chicken, salmon, and more.
This East Asian sriracha sauce is a versatile and delicious sauce that can be used in a variety of ways with different dishes. It has a balanced combination of sweet, sour, and umami flavors that enhance any dish. The sriracha sauce adds a spicy kick, the honey adds sweetness, the rice vinegar and lemon add acidity, and the soy sauce adds a savory umami taste. Try this easy recipe to make a well-rounded and sticky sauce.
What I Love About This Recipe
- It is packed with East Asian flavors.
- You only need seven ingredients to make it.
- It is easy to make.
- The recipe can be doubled or tripled to feed a crowd.
- Unsalted butter: This loosens the sauce and gives it a silky, shiny consistency.
- Sriracha sauce: Select good quality sriracha for the best flavor. This can be purchased in Asian supermarkets or online.
- Honey: Use good quality honey for the best flavor.
- Rice vinegar: This adds acidity to the sauce. If you don't have rice wine vinegar, you can use apple cider vinegar instead.
- Soy sauce: Select good-quality soy sauce. You can also use low-sodium soy sauce as a healthier alternative.
- Garlic: Mince fresh garlic for this recipe. Alternatively, you can use garlic powder.
- Lemon juice: Use a fresh lemon.
If you are not a fan of rice wine vinegar or don’t have it to hand, then you can skip it from the recipe.
How to Make Honey Sriracha
- First, you need to melt some butter in a pot over medium heat. Then, toss in the rest of the ingredients and whisk until everything is nice and smooth.
- Next, crank up the heat and let the mixture come to a boil. Once it does, lower the heat and let it simmer for about 10 minutes, or until it gets thick and sticky. Finally, take the pot off the heat and leave to cool.
3. Serve this sticky sriracha sauce with chicken wings, salmon, shrimp and more.
Tips and Tricks
Taste: Adjust each ingredient to suit your taste. For example, add more honey for sweetness or rice vinegar for acidity.
The sauce typically contains butter, sriracha sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, lemon and garlic. You can swap or leave out some ingredients according to your preference.
This sauce is made with sriracha chili peppers, vinegar, garlic, salt, and sugar.
Pour the sauce in an air tight container or glass jar and refrigerate for up to six months.
Thanks for reading this recipe; comment below if you made this and let me know how it went! Follow @simshomekitchen on Instagram, take a photo, tag and hashtag it with @simshomekitchen.
Easy Honey Sriracha Sauce
- Small saucepan
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoon of sriracha sauce
- ⅓ cup of honey
- 2 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Melt butter in a pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and whisk until well combined.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Then simmer for 10 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat and serve.