This healthy hummus goodie bowl is truly a hummus lovers dream! It can be made in less than 30 minutes and it is also great for sharing.
This yummy dip was made in 10 minutes and can be served with carrots, cucumbers, celery, olives, feta, tomatoes and quinoa.
Hummus is a great starter option because it is so easy to make. I know you’re probably thinking why not just buy hummus from the supermarket but once you try this recipe you’ll never go back!
All the ingredients used in this recipe are fresh plus it doesn’t include all of the preservatives. Making hummus at home also gives you the opportunity to alter the ingredients to suit your taste.
Chickpeas are a legume rich in protein. They are used to make curries, salads, sandwiches and more. Chickpeas are also the main ingredient used in hummus to make hummus because they have a super creamy texture when whipped/blended.
- This bowl is very easy to customize and goes well with lots of different sides.
- To make this bowl vegan omit the feta.
- Remove the skin from the chickpeas before blending for an even creamy hummus.
Refrigerate for up to 2-3 days.
- Chickpea Curry Made with Coconut Milk
- 18 Best Vegetarian Recipes for Beginners
- Vegan Quinoa Chickpea Salad
Healthy Hummus Goodie Bowl
- 1 can of chickpeas (rinsed)
- 1/2 a cup of tahini
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1-2 garlic cloves or garlic seasoning to taste
- 1/4 tsp of cumin
- 1/4-1/2 tsp of salt
- Olive oil
- Add tahini and lemon to a food processor and blend until smooth (add water if necessary).
- Add salt, cumin, garlic and blend until smooth.
- Then, add chickpeas and blend again (add water and adjust seasoning if necessary).
- Plate up, add a drizzle of olive oil and paprika on to the hummus. Serve with carrots, cucumbers and crackers.