This mouth-watering vegan quinoa chickpea salad recipe will have you drooling. It includes cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions and chickpeas! Make in less than 20 minutes.
Quinoa is a Super-food
Quinoa is a seed grown in South America. It is gluten free and very high in fiber and protein.Quinoa is cooked like rice and experts argue that it is a superior healthy alternative to cous cous, rice and bulgur wheat.
Quinoa is considered a superfood, which is the highest honor a food item can receive! It’s known as a superfood due to its high fiber and high-quality protein contents. In fact, it has more protein than any other grain, which is why some people mistake quinoa for a legume instead!
Not to mention it has a lot of potassium and iron as well, which can help with blood regulation. Overall, it’s really healthy, and we aren’t surprised it has been gaining so much attention lately.
While it used to be something you would only find in a health-food supermarket, it is now more widely available, so making this dish should be easy-peasy for you!
Chickpeas? Don’t You Mean Garbanzo Beans?
Yes! This one bean has many different names depending on where in the world you are from. In most parts of the world, it is known as a chickpea, while some nations refer to the legume as a garbanzo bean.
Scientifically, they are the same plant. So, the next time you are at the store shopping for these beans, you’ll know that two names can mean the same thing!
Chickpeas are extremely high in protein and can add a lot of fiber to your diet. In this recipe, we show you how a can of chickpeas can be transformed into an entire delicious meal for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
How To Make A Vegan Quinoa Chickpea Salad
- Add quinoa to a medium-sized saucepan and rinse. Fill the saucepan with 1 cup of water and a pinch of salt. Bring the water to a boil and cook on low heat for 8-10 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Finally, add the cooled quinoa, chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, onions to a large bowl. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Finally, add a few drops of olive oil and mix.
How To Store Vegan Quinoa Chickpea Salad
This dish can be refrigerated for 1-2 days. It’s also a great meal prep option!
Get creative with this dish and add your favorite veggies e.g red peppers, peas, asparagus, broccoli, carrots and more.
- Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers Lentils
- Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Spaghetti
- 18 Best Vegetarian Recipes For Beginners
Vegan Quinoa Chickpea Salad
- Medium sized bowl
- chopping board
- Chefs knife
- 1/2 cup of quinoa
- 1/2 a cucumber diced
- 3 handfuls of baby tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup of cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 red onion diced
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- Olive oil
- Add quinoa to a medium sized saucepan and rinse. Fill the saucepan with 1 cup of water and a pinch of salt. Bring the water to a boil and cook on a low heat for 8-10 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Add the cooled quinoa, chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, onions to a large bowl. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Add a few drops of olive oil and mix.
For more information about quinoa click the following link https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/274745.php#benefits