This five-ingredient Mocha recipe is the perfect quick fix for coffee lovers. It is made using Javy Coffe Liquid which has rich, deep flavors, is easy to make simple and is ready in less than 10 minutes!
About this Recipe
On some mornings I don’t have enough time to squeeze in a stop at my favorite coffee shop so recipes like this always come in handy because I get to enjoy my favorite mocha at home in just 10 minutes using a few simple ingredients.
This mocha includes Javy liquid microdose coffee. Javy liquid is made with coffee beans from Columbia and it is ethically sourced. As Javy coffee is a high concentrate of coffee extract, a little goes a long way. In fact, a single bottle can be used for up to 30 coffee brews!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Click here to order Javy Coffee Liquid and use this code SIMSHOMEKITCHEN21 to get 15% off.
This recipe uses only 2 tablespoons and other simple, common ingredients to make a yummy coffee drink that any coffee lover would enjoy. For more coffee shop favorite try my popular hot chocolate and caramel frappuccino recipes!
Javy Coffee Liquid (Mocha Recipe) Ingredients
Javy Coffee: This is the main ingredient for this recipe. You can order the coffee extract from the Javy Coffee website. They ship to many countries.
Cocoa powder: This can either be natural, dutch process or drinking cocoa powder. Make sure you are using a good, quality cocoa powder as the quality cocoa powder often tastes better in recipes.
Hot water: Hot water helps the cocoa powder dissolve better.
Hot milk: You can use either full fat, semi-skimmed or skimmed milk. If you are looking for a richer coffee drink, then I would suggest using full-fat milk. Alternatively, you can use plant-based milk instead.
Sugar: Add as much or little as you like to suit your preference. You can also use any other sweetener of your choice such as honey, agave and more.
Whipped cream: To top the coffee.
How to Make Mocha with Javy Coffee Liquid
- Start by adding two spoons of Javy Coffee liquid to heatproof cup or mug. Then, add two sppons of cocoa powder to the cup.
Tip: Use good quality cocoa powder fo the best results.
2. Next, pour a few spoons of water into the cup, stir to dissolve the cocoa powder and mix the cocoa and coffee together. The mixture should be lump-free. Then, pour hot milk into the cup and stir.
Tip: Use any milk of your choice for this recipe. Make sure it is hot so that the mocha stays hot!
3. Add a spoon of sugar or any other sweetener of your choice to the mocha and stir. Then top it with whipped cream.
4. Finally, dust more cocoa powder on top of the whipped cream and serve!
Tips and Tricks
- Javy coffee: You only need a small amount Javy coffee as it is highly concentrated and packed with lots of caffeine. Remember, a little goes a long way!
- Cocoa powder: You can use any type of cocoa powder for this recipe. Natural, dutch processed cocoa powder or even drinking cocoa powder woks well in this recipe.
- Alternatives: Feel free to add shots of caramel sauce, top with whipped cream and chocolate sauce or even marshmallows for more flavor. You can also make a variety of coffe based drinks with liquid coffee. Just swap regular coffee beans with the liquid and you’ll get the same results.
Yes. Javy coffee contains caffeine and because it is very concentrated, it has loads of caffeine. This means you only need a small amount for your coffee drink.
Javy coffee is made using coffee beans ethically sourced from Columbia.
Yes. Javy coffee needs to be refrigerated to preserve the flavours. In addition to this, once opened, Javy coffee needs to be kept for 4-6 weeks.
Thanks for reading this recipe, comment below if you made this and let me know how it went! Follow @simshomekitchen on Instagram, take a photo, tag and hashtag it with @simshomekitchen.
Javy Coffee Mocha Recipe
- Coffee cup or mug
- 2 tsp of Javy Coffee
- 2 tsp of cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp of hot water
- Hot milk to fill most of the cup
- 1-2 tsp of sugar
- Whipped cream
- Add Javy coffee to a cup. Then add cocoa powder and a splash of hot water and stir to help the cocoa powder dissolve.
- Pour hot milk into the cup. Sweeten the mixture with sugar or any other sweetener of your choice.
- Top mocha with whipped cream and dust with cocoa powder.