Celebrate Christmas with these adorable Easy Santa Puff Pastries that are sure to wow your guests. These delightful treats are incredibly easy and quick to prepare. Serve as dessert during the holidays.
These Santa cream puff pastries are an exquisite Christmas dessert that everyone will adore. They boast a deliciously buttery and flaky crust, brimming with a smooth and creamy filling. Each pastry is then topped with succulent strawberries, arranged to resemble Santa Claus’s hat, and finished with an extra dollop of cream.
If this delightful treat captures your heart, you’ll love my savory garlic and cheese Christmas tree, another festive favorite to savor this holiday season.
What I Love About this Recipe
- These delightful Santa cream puff delights are the quintessential addition to your Christmas festivities, capturing the holiday spirit with their charming appearance.
- They can be whipped up in a flash, taking less than 30 minutes from start to finish.
- Their simplicity is unmatched, making them an incredibly easy treat to prepare, even for those last-minute gatherings.
- The combination of crispy pastry, luscious cream, and fresh fruit culminates in an exquisite flavor symphony that’s sure to please any palate. Enjoy the harmonious blend of textures and tastes in every bite!
- Ready to roll puffed pastry: Use ready-made pastry to save time. Make sure it is fully defrosted before using it if it is frozen.
- Egg wash: Beat one egg with one tablespoon of water to make an egg wash. Brush the egg wash over the puffed pastry before baking to give it a golden and crispy outer layer.
- Whipped cream: Use double cream/heavy cream for the best result.
- Strawberries: Select fresh ripe strawberries, wash them and pat them dry. Cut the stems before adding them to the pastries flat side down.
- Icing sugar to dust: For dusting.
How to Make Santa Cream Puff Pastries
- Begin by preheating your oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas 6. Prepare a baking tray by lining it with parchment paper.
2. Slice the puff pastry into squares of equal size and arrange them on the prepared tray, ensuring they are spaced apart.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together an egg with a tablespoon of water to create an egg wash. Gently brush this mixture over each pastry square.
4. Place the pastries in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until they turn golden brown and puff up. Once done, remove them from the oven and let them cool.
5. While the pastries cool, prepare the whipped cream filling. Combine sugar and heavy cream in a mixing bowl and whisk vigorously for 3 to 5 minutes until you achieve stiff peaks. If you prefer, ready-made whipped cream is also an option.
6. Use a fork to gently create a well in the center of each cooled pastry. Fill the well with the prepared whipped cream. Place a strawberry, cut side down, on top to resemble Santa’s hat, and add a small dollop of cream to complete the look. Repeat this process with the remaining pastries.
7. For a festive touch, lightly dust the assembled cream puffs with icing sugar to mimic a dusting of snow.
Serve these fun Christmas pastries and enjoy.
Tips and Tricks
Oven: One of the important steps to make a perfect puffed pastry is to preheat the oven before adding the pastry. This will ensure that the pastry will rise and puff up properly and that it will bake evenly and become crispy and golden.
Pastries: Let the pastries cool before filling them with cream to prevent them from melting.
These pastries are best eaten fresh.
Thanks for reading this recipe; comment below if you made this and let me know how it went! Follow @simshomekitchen on Instagram, take a photo, tag and hashtag it with @simshomekitchen.
Easy Santa Cream Puff Pastries
- baking tray
- Parchment paper
- Pizza cutter or knife
- Ready to roll puffed pastry
- Egg wash 1 egg + water
- Whipped cream
- Icing sugar to dust
- Preheat your oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas 6. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the puff pastry into equal-sized squares using a pizza cutter or knife. Place them on the prepared tray, spaced apart.
- Whisk an egg with a tablespoon of water to make an egg wash. Brush this over the pastry squares.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden and puffed. Let them cool afterward.
- While the pastries cool, prepare the whipped cream by whisking sugar and heavy cream until stiff peaks form. You can also use store-bought whipped cream.
- Create a small well in the center of each pastry with a fork and fill it with whipped cream. Top with a strawberry, flat side down, and a dollop of cream.
- Dust with icing sugar to give a snowy effect.