Delicious, creamy, smooth, dairy-free, vegan, strawberry nice cream. Made with frozen bananas and strawberries – the perfect plant-based dessert!
We can’t get enough berry-filled nice cream at the moment! It’s a great way to beat a sugar craving while you make the most of the season’s fresh strawberries.
What is Nice Cream?
Nice cream is a vegan, dairy-free dessert made with fruit that tastes just like ice cream! Typically, nice cream is made with frozen bananas in a blender. Then, you can add any of your favorite fruits and vegetables to flavor and color the treat.
Add a splash of dairy-free milk to create a smooth and creamy texture almost like soft-serve. I usually use maple syrup as a sweetener, but you can use dates or vanilla extract for a vegan option.
Ingredient Swaps in Strawberry-Banana Nice Cream
You can easily mix and match the ingredients in your homemade nice cream. For example, you can pair frozen bananas with just about any fruit of your choice to create different nice cream flavors.
Other tasty additions to banana nice cream include:
- Stone fruit, like peaches, plums or nectarines
For the best texture, opt for frozen fruit over fresh.
Also, feel free to use any dairy-free milk of your choice. Coconut milk is usually great in desserts. Almond milk, oat milk, soy milk, and hemp milk will also work.
Finally, you can experiment with different plant-based natural sweeteners. Honey, agave, maple syrup, and dates are all delicious swirled into your strawberry nice cream.
How To Serve Nice Cream
You can enjoy nice cream pretty much any time of day. even though it tastes like dessert, it also makes a healthy breakfast! Why not add a little more substance with your favorite toppings?
Try sprinkling any of these on top of your strawberry-banana treat for a textural upgrade:
- Chocolate chips
- Coconut flakes
- Chopped nuts
- Chocolate or caramel sauce
- Fresh fruit
- Chia seeds
Can I Make Strawberry Nice Cream Ahead of Time?
Since it’s a frozen meal made with fresh fruit, nice cream is best enjoyed right away. IT will melt, and doesn’t always re-freeze nicely, so I don’t recommend storing your nice cream.
More Refreshing Fruit Dessert Recipes
If you can’t get enough of this strawberry nice cream, then you’ll also love these other summery vegan dessert recipes:
- Vegan Chocolate Avocado Mousse with Strawberries
- Vegan Banana and Yogurt Free Mixed Berry Smoothie
- 20 Simple Vegan Recipes For Beginners
- Frozen Hot Chocolate from The Glowing Fridge
Strawberry Nicecream Dessert
- 2 frozen bananas
- 8 large frozen strawberries
- 4-5 tbsp of almond milk
- 2-3 tbsp of maple syrup
- 2-3 tbsp dairy free yogurt
- Almond flakes (optional)
- Add frozen strawberries, frozen bananas, almond milk, maple syrup to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Scoop the strawberry nice cream and dairy free yogurt into a cup as shown. Then sprinkle almond flakes on top.
- How to stick the strawberries to the glass? Slice the strawberries very thinly, make sure the cup is dry and firmly press the slice against the cup (super easy)!