This vegan chocolate avocado mousse with strawberries is a wonderful dessert for chocolate lovers. It’s rich in flavor and has a smooth mouthwatering texture.
This chocolate avocado mousse dessert is a fabulous option for vegans and anyone who isn’t too keen on the traditional egg based mousse. Options to serve with whipped coconut cream, berries and more!
Reasons Why I Love Chocolate Avocado Mousse with Strawberries
- It doesn’t have the usual eggy texture.
- I can be prepared in 5 minutes. All you have to do is add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blitz.
- Another reason why I love this recipe is because it’s HEALTHY. Avocado has good fats and this dessert is a great way to add more avocados to your diet!
How To Choose The Best Produce For Chocolate Avocado Mousse and Strawberries
You will need ripe avocados for this recipe. Give the avocados a gentle squeeze to ensure they are ripe and ready to eat; they should give way when you squeeze them. Make sure the avocados are not too ripe as they will be brown inside and if the avocados are unripe then it won’t form a creamy dip!
The strawberries should be ripe with a vibrant red colour. Avoid any scarred or bruised strawberries. Make sure you wash the strawberries before serving them.
How To Make Chocolate Avocado Mousse and Strawberries
- Remove the skin and seeds from two avocados. Add the avocados, 1 banana, 50 g of cocoa powder and 3-5 tbsp of maple syrup to a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Scoop the chocolate mousse into a cup and leave to chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Serve as shown.
You can serve this delicious dessert with:
- Mixed berries
- Whipped coconut cream
- Crushed almonds
- Vegan cookies
This dessert can be frozen for up to a week and refrigerated for 24 hours.
- Dairy Free Strawberry Nice Cream
- Banana and Yogurt Free Mixed Berry Smoothie
- 20 Simple Vegan Recipes For Beginners
Chocolate Avocado Mousse and Strawberries
- 2 avocados
- 1 banana
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 3-5 tbsp maple syrup
- Blitz avocado, banana, cocoa powder and honey in a food processor until well mixed.
- Scoop mousse into a cup and leave to chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Serve as shown