The best classic homemade cheeseburger recipe! Add cheese, lettuce tomatoes, onions, and sauce to these burgers and watch them disappear in seconds. Serve on hot summer days or when you are craving a burger.
About This Recipe
In the mood for a delicious lunch or dinner? You can’t go wrong with these juicy homemade burgers. There are so many advantages to making your own burgers. For example, you get to use FRESH ingredients and control the amount of oil used, resulting in a healthier burger.
There are also fewer chemicals and preservatives in homemade cheeseburgers compared to fast-food burgers. And this recipe is just as All-American and delicious as anything you can pick up from a drive-through. So impress your family and friends with these fresh burgers: I guarantee they will be back for more!
Watch the video tutorial below and make your own delicious homemade cheeseburgers!
How to Make the Best Homemade Cheeseburger Recipe
As juicy, cheesy, and flavorful as these homemade burgers are, they’re also incredibly easy to make. Here is how to make a homemade cheeseburger that comes out perfectly every time:
- First, add 400 grams of minced beef, 1 grated onion, 2 crushed garlic cloves, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon mustard, salt and pepper to taste, and a scant handful of chopped parsley in a large bowl and mix well. Be careful not to overmix here, which can result in tough or dense burgers.
- Next, use your hands to form round burger patties.
- Brush your grill grates with oil and preheat to medium heat. Grill the burgers, flipping halfway through until they are no longer pink in the center.
- Finally, top each cheeseburger with toppings of choice.
How to Serve Homemade Cheeseburgers for a Crowd
I love serving up homemade cheeseburgers for summer get-togethers with friends and family. They’re a fun DIY meal that’s quick to throw on the grill. I usually set out a platter with the cooked bugers, another plate with toasted (or untoasted) buns, and all of the fixings.
Here are my family’s favorite toppings for cheeseburgers on the grill:
- Sliced tomato
- Crunchy lettuce leaves
- Thin white onion rings
- Cheese Slices (use your favorite type of melty cheese, like swiss, cheddar, or even something fancier like brie or bleu)
- Crispy bacon
- Burger sauce
Truly, however, the flavor and topping possibilities are pretty endless when it comes to dressing up your freshly made burgers. Leave me a comment with your family’s favorite toppings, I’ll be sure to give them a try!
These burgers are best eaten when they’re fresh off the grill!
To save time if you’re hosting a party, you can season and shape the burger patties ahead of time. They’ll keep in the fridge for one day, or in the freezer for up to one month. To defrost, put the burgers in the fridge overnight.
Are Homemade Cheeseburgers Lower in Calories?
Homemade hamburgers and cheeseburgers tend to be healthier than anything you can find at a fast-food or other restaurant. There is less oil, leaner meat, and fresher ingredients in the homemade version. Made on your own grill, a burger doesn’t have to feel like an indulgence. In fact, it’s a well-rounded, protein-packed entree to satisfy a hungry crowd.
More Minced Meat Recipes
If you’re a burger lover, be sure to try these other healthier meat mince recipes:
- How To Make A Juicy Chicken Burger
- Mince Sauce Recipe
- Ground Beef Pasta Bake
- Korean Ground Beef Bowls from Fox and Briar.
Homemade Cheese Burger Recipe
- 400 g Ground Beef
- 1 Onion grated
- 2 Garlic cloves crushed
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1/2 Handful of Parsley
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 3 Buns
- 3 Cheese slices
- 1 Tomato
- 1/2 Lettuce
- Add 400 g of minced beef, 1 grated onion, 2 crushed garlic cloves, 1 egg, 1 tsp of mustard, salt to taste, pepper to taste and 1/2 a handful of chopped parsley to a large bowl and mix well.
- Then use your hands to create a round burger shape with the mix. Add a splash of oil to the grill and grill the burger on each side until it is no longer pink in the center.
- Make your burger! Add the beef, lettuce, tomatoes, fresh onions, cheese slice and ketchup to a bun and serve.