These succulent Sticky Oven Chicken Thighs BBQ are the perfect summer main. They are moist on the inside and sticky on the outside. Serve with salad, fries and more.
Summer is here, so it’s time to get the bbq going! I love making these thighs because they are quick and easy to prepare. Plus, they go well with various sides like sweet potato fries, coleslaw and mac and cheese.
What I Love About this Recipe
- It requires seven easy-to-find ingredients.
- It is so easy to make.
- The thighs can be prepared in a variety of ways. Bake them in the oven, air fry, grill or fry them.
- Serve with your favorite mains and sides.
- The bbq flavor is delicious!
- Chicken thighs: Use fresh chicken thighs and cut off excess skin, fat and hair. If the chicken is frozen, allow it to thaw before preparing.
- Garlic powder: For extra flavor.
- Pepper: Add black pepper and paprika for some heat!
- Salt: To taste.
- Oil: Use sunflower oil or canola oil.
- Bbq sauce: Select your favorite bbq sauce for this recipe.
Nonstick baking paper
Alternatively, these oven chicken thighs bbq can be made with crispy skin. Add 4 teaspoon of baking powder along with the seasoning and follow the rest of the recipe.
How to make Bbq Chicken Thighs
- Start by patting 1 kg of chicken thighs dry, then add the pieces to a bowl. Add ¼-1/2 teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of paprika, black pepper to taste and a splash of oil. Then mix everything until the chicken is evenly coated. Refrigerate the chicken for at least 30 minutes before baking. If you are short on time, you can bake the chicken as soon as you season it.
2. Preheat the oven to 440F/220C while the chicken marinates. Line a baking tray with nonstick baking paper or foil. Place the chicken in the baking tray and baste each piece with bbq sauce.
3. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, flip the chicken, and baste with more bbq sauce. Repeat this step two more times. The chicken thighs should bake for a total of 45 minutes.
Tips and Tricks
- Chicken: Pat dry for crispy skin. You can use different chicken pieces, like wings or fillets, but the cooking time may vary.
- Bbq sauce: Use good quality bbq sauce for the best flavor.
- Oil: Fry the chicken instead of baking, heat oil in a saucepan or deep fryer. The oil should be 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cook the thighs on both sides for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Once the thighs are done, remove them from the oil, then coat them in bbq sauce.
If you are grilling chicken thighs, cook them for 25-30 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 165F. The time it takes to cook will depend on the thickness of the chicken.
Cook them for 30-45 minutes at 440F/220C. The time it takes to cook will depend on the thickness of the chicken.
Start by seasoning the chicken with salt to taste, pepper to taste, garlic powder and any other seasoning of your choice. Then spray the thighs with oil and air fry them for about 12-18 minutes on each side at 200C/400F.
Refrigerate thighs in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Thanks for reading this recipe; comment below if you made this and let me know how it went! Follow @simshomekitchen on Instagram, take a photo, tag and hashtag it with @simshomekitchen.
Sticky Oven Chicken Thighs BBQ
- mixing bowl
- Baking dish
- Nonstick baking paper
- 1 kg of chicken thighs
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon of paprika
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Black pepper to taste
- A splash of sunflower or canola oil.
- ¾ cup of Bbq sauce
- Start by patting the chicken dry, then add the pieces to a bowl. Add salt, paprika, black pepper and a splash of oil. Then mix everything until the chicken is evenly coated. Refrigerate the chicken for at least 30 minutes before baking.
- While the chicken marinates preheat the oven at 420F/210C. Line a baking tray with nonstick baking paper or foil. Place the chicken in the baking tray and baste each piece with bbq sauce. Bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven then flip the chicken and baste with more bbq sauce. Repeat this step two more times. The chicken thighs should bake for a total of 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve as desired.
- Chicken: Pat dry for crispy skin.
- Bbq sauce: Use your favorite bbq sauce for the best flavor.
- Oven: Make sure you flip the thighs and baste them every 15 minutes while they bake. This will ensure that they are coated in bbq sauce and give them a gorgeous brown color.