How to make chocolate porridge and upgrade your breakfast! This bowl includes oatmeal, peanut butter, bananas and more. The perfect way to start your day!
About this Recipe
We decided to start today off with cocoa oats! Unrefined cocoa powder is a great ingredient to have in the cupboard. It is low in calories and contains flavonoids which are highly nutritious substances found in plant-based foods. It can also be added to a number of recipes and is a great way to add a delicious chocolaty flavor.
Oats have many health benefits and are very nutritious. They are a gluten-free grain, high in vitamins, fiber, minerals and antioxidants. Studies have shown that oats are good for weight loss and lowering blood sugar levels.
Chocolate porridge is best eaten when fresh.
This breakfast bowl is very easy to customize. Get creative and add your favorite toppings e.g berries, pumpkin seeds, apple slices, pomegranate seeds and more!
- Feel free to swap the soy milk for any other milk
- Add a spoon of protein powder if you please
- To make this a vegan option skip replace the honey with maple syrup.
- Easy Oatmeal Recipes for Breakfast
- Chocolate Oat Smoothie in a Jar
- 35 Best Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- Chocolate Overnight Oats Brownie Batter From Chocolate Covered Katie
Thanks for reading this recipe, comment below if you made this and let me know how it went! Follow @simshomekitchen on Instagram, take a photo, tag and hashtag it with @simshomekitchen.
- Oats as much as you would normally eat
- 1-2 tbsp of unrefined cocoa powder
- Almond/Soya/Regular milk
- Honey to taste
- 1-2 tbsp of tahini you can use any nut butter in place of tahini
- Dark chocolate
- 1 banana
- Cook the oats (follow the instructions on the packaging).
- Remove the cooked oats from heat, add cocoa powder and mix.
- Pour the oats into a bowl, add almond milk and then add the remaining ingredients to bowl (as shown).