Follow this easy blueberry cake recipe and recreate your own delicious loaf! All you need is a few simple ingredients that can be found in the supermarket.
This cake is so easy to make and it is perfect for berry lovers! It can be prepared in 10 minutes and is a great healthy-ish sweet treat for family and friends when they come round.
It’s also filled with so much delicious flavor from the blueberries so you are able to cut down on the sugar. I would advise that you use sweet blueberries rather than sour blueberries for a better flavor.
This cake tasted so amazing and was so easy to make.
This loaf is an oil-based cake so you won’t need any butter. Feel free to use olive oil instead of rapeseed oil. However, be aware that olive oil has a strong taste and can affect the overall taste of the cake. You can also use vegetable oil or sunflower oil instead of rapeseed oil and the taste won’t be affected.
The easy blueberry loaf can be refrigerated for 3-4 days.
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup rapeseed
- Preheat the oven at 180C/160C fan/ Gas 4. Add the flour, caster sugar and baking powder to a large bowl and mix well.
- Wet ingredients – Add the egg, oil and milk to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Toss the blueberries in flour and then add them to the cake batter.
- Add the cake batter to a greased loaf tin and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Once the cake is ready. Leave it to cool upside down on a rack and serve!
Leave a Reply