An easy, delicious, and fluffy pancake recipe including juicy summer blueberries. Serve as breakfast or brunch and make it in less than 30 minutes!
About This Recipe
This fluffy blueberry pancake recipe is so quick and easy to make. Check out this recipe to make your morning extra delicious!
Fluffy blueberry pancakes are a great breakfast/brunch option if you are feeding many. Blueberry pancakes are so mouthwatering and always hit the spot. The blueberries add a delicious burst of flavor to every bite and will have everyone going back for more!
Blueberry pancakes can be served with maple syrup, butter, whipped cream, lemon juice etc.
Why I Use Buttermilk In My Fluffy Blueberry Pancake Recipe
Using buttermilk instead of regular milk in pancakes makes them extra fluffy and tangy. Buttermilk begins to activate the baking soda/baking powder before it hits the pan. Buttermilk also gives the pancakes a soft and moist texture.
How To Make Buttermilk
If you don’t have buttermilk you can make your own using a few simple ingredients.
To make buttermilk add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar to one cup of milk or heavy cream. Mix the ingredients, then leave the mixture to sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes. Once it’s ready the mixture should become thicker and have a few curdled bits.
How To Store Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes
Blueberry pancakes are best eaten fresh. But they can also be refrigerated for 1 day.
Do not over mix the pancake batter. The pancake batter should still have some lumps in it before it is added to the heat. Over mixing the batter causes the pancakes to become tough and chewy.
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes
PRODUCTS USED FOR FLUFFY BLUEBERRY PANCAKE RECIPE:
Fluffy Blueberry Pancake recipe
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp baking Soda
- 70 – 100 g blueberries
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
- Vegetable/sunflower oil
- Add all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar to a medium sized bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Grab another medium sized bowl, add buttermilk, eggs, unsalted butter and mix well for.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the wet mixture into the center. Whisk the wet ingredients in the center and gradually combine the dry ingredients. Once the batter is combined add the blueberries and mix gently with a spoon.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan on a low/medium heat stove. Use a ladle to add the pancake batter to the pan and cook for 1-3 mins. Flip the pancake once bubbles begin to appear and cook on the other side for 1-3 mins. Repeat for the rest of the batter.