These delicious, sweet no-bake strawberry oat bars with fresh berries and white chocolate are a tasty breakfast or snack to have on the go.
About this Recipe
No-bake strawberry breakfast oats bars go down as a treat! By now you should know that we are crazy about oats at Sims Home Kitchen. Oats have many health benefits and are very nutritious. They are a gluten-free grain, high in vitamins, fiber, minerals, and antioxidants. In addition, studies show that oats are good for weight loss and lowering blood sugar levels.
So it's time to add even more oats to your diet with these fruity and sweet no-bake strawberry oat bars. Enjoy them for breakfast, snack, or dessert.
How To Make No-Bake Oat Bars
I added strawberries and white chocolate to these no-bake oat bars. Strawberries add a delicious sweetness while white chocolate adds a decadent and creamy flavor. I used fresh strawberries for this recipe but you can use frozen strawberries as an alternative.
What Does No-Bake Mean?
"No-bake" means that you do not have to bake this dessert in an oven. For this recipe, I froze the oat bars for 2 hours and they set perfectly. There's no need to heat up your kitchen, which makes this a great treat to make in the summer.
Recipe Ingredient Swaps and Substitutions
You can make some quick and easy ingredient swaps to use what's in your pantry to make these no-bake oat bars. For example:
- For a healthier option, swap the white chocolate with dark chocolate, which is packed with antioxidants.
- Use honey, stevia, agave nectar, or maple syrup instead of brown sugar for a refined-sugar-free bar.
- You can swap the strawberries with fresh blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries. Or, try mixing the fruit for a three-berry snack bar!
- I used rolled oats for this recipe, but it should work just fine with any other type of oats. Rolled oats contain a bit more fiber than quick-cooking oats.
How To Store No-Bake Strawberry Oat Bars
These are fantastic make-ahead snack that stores well. Keep the bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can also freeze the bars for up to 2 months. Let the bars defrost at room temperature before enjoying.
No-Bake Strawberry Oats Breakfast Bar
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Use unsalted butter to lightly grease the baking paper and set aside.
- Add butter and brown sugar to a large pan. Leave the butter to melt and stir in the sugar until it dissolves.
- Remove the pan from heat and add ¼ of melted white chocolate, oats, cinnamon, salt and mix well. Add the mixture to a greased baking tray and set aside.
- Heat the strawberries in a small saucepan on a low/medium heat. Once the strawberries begin to breakdown and form a sauce remove from the heat. Then pour the strawberry sauce on top of the oat mix.
- Drizzle the remaining white chocolate on top and freeze for 2 hours.
- Once the oats have set, use a knife to slice it into equal chunks.