A delicious strawberry oatmeal smoothie recipe – the perfect way to start the day! I added strawberries to my oatmeal and it tasted amazing!
I decided to spice up my everyday oatmeal and make a strawberry oatmeal smoothie recipe! Oats are a great breakfast option because they are so filling and nutritious. Oats are also a great option for weight loss because they are very high in fiber and fiber helps you to stay full for longer.
For this breakfast jar we soaked the oats for 30 minutes which made it super creamy and the combination of the strawberry nice cream added the perfect amount of sweetness. We also added walnuts as they are very nutritious and give an extra crunch.
This smoothie is best eaten on the same day.
If you’re looking for more delicious breakfast recipes then check out some of the recipes below!
If you prefer to mix everything up add soaked oats, frozen bananas, frozen strawberries, plant based milk, honey/maple syrup, yogurt, vanilla extract and walnuts to a food processor and blend until smooth.
PRODUCTS USED IN THE STRAWBERRY OATMEAL RECIPE:
Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie Recipe
- 1/2 a cup of oats
- 1/2 a cup of frozen strawberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1-2 tbsp of almond milk
- 1-2 tbsp of honey (or maple syrup as a vegan option)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Greek yoghurt
- Mixed berries or strawberries (toppings)
- Crushed walnuts (toppings)
- Grab a medium sized bowl, add oats and pour boiling water over the oats (enough to cover). Leave to soak for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add frozen bananas, frozen strawberries, vanilla extract, almond milk, and honey to a food processor/smoothie maker and blitz until smooth.
- Add the oats, mixed berry nice cream and yoghurt to a jar. Then top with mixed berries and walnuts.