Sweet, moist and fluffy. These Easy Pumpkin Banana Muffins are filled with flavor and can be made with less than 10 ingredients. Make them in 30 minutes and serve them with tea or coffee for breakfast this fall.
These pumpkin and banana muffins are sure to please a crowd. They are filled with sweet and spicy aromatic flavors that smell and taste absolutely amazing. If you are looking for fun Halloween snacks or a creative way to use pumpkins then these muffins are a fab choice!
What I Love About This Recipe
It is so easy to make these pumpkin muffins. Adding ripe bananas makes these sweet while the pumpkin puree adds an earthy flavor and gives the muffins a vibrant orange color.
You can also transform pumpkin muffins into cupcakes by adding frosting! Some delicious options include vanilla buttercream, chocolate ganache and more.
Feel free to make these muffins to suit your dietary requirements. For example, you can make vegan pumpkin banana muffins, add less sugar to make the pumpkin banana muffins healthy or make gluten-free pumpkin banana muffins.
- Cupcake cases
- Cupcake tin
- Hand or stand whisk
This pumpkin banana muffin recipe includes easy-to-find ingredients that can be bought from a local store or online. Read the recipe card for more details and measurements.
- All-purpose flour – Use all-purpose flour for this recipe. Leavening agents such as baking soda and baking powder will be added later to help the muffins rise. Sift flour first to remove excess dirt and lumps.
- Granulated sugar – Use white granulated sugar or brown sugar to make these muffins.
- Pumpkin spice – This spice mix includes cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves and ginger. It can be bought in supermarkets or online. If you do not have pumpkin spice then you can make your own pumpkin spice with those ingredients.
- Baking powder – This will help the muffins to rise. Make sure the baking powder has not expired as this will prevent the cake from rising.
- Baking soda – This also helps the cake to rise.
- Salt – Add salt to balance out the flavors in these muffins.
- Pumpkin puree – Use freshly made pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin puree.
- Ripe bananas – Use mashed ripe bananas for this recipe.
- Oil – Add vegetable or sunflower oil to the pumpkin muffin batter.
- Eggs – Should be at room temperature.
How to Make Pumpkin Banana Muffins
Combine Dry Ingredients
1. Preheat the oven to 350F/175C fan/gas 4 and line the cupcake tins with cupcake cases. Add all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin spice to a bowl. Mix until all of the ingredients are evenly combined.
Combine Wet Ingredients
2. Then, add pumpkin puree, oil, eggs and mashed ripe bananas to a separate bowl. Mix until well combined.
3. Next, add the wet ingredient mixture to the dry ingredients and stir well.
4. Once the batter has been mixed add a couple of spoons to each cupcake case. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Top tips: Placing the cupcake cases in a cupcake baking tin will help the muffins keep their shape.
5. Once the muffins are done, remove them from the tin and leave them to cool on a cooling rack.
6. Finally, serve these warming, festive Pumpkin Banana Muffins for breakfast or as a snack during fall with this Pumpkin spiced ice latte.
Top Tips and Tricks
Sift: Make sure you sift all of the dry ingredients to remove any excess dirt or lumps.
Muffin batter: Do not over mix the batter as this will result in tough and chewy muffins.
Batches: Feel free to double or triple this recipe depending on how many people you need to feed.
There are a few things you can do to keep muffins moist when baking. For example, do not over mix the muffin batter as this will result in dry muffins. Also, make sure the oven is not too hot when baking and use a good recipe.
Pumpkin puree is a great ingredient as you can do lots of things with it. It can be added to desserts like cakes, muffins, pancakes, cookies and more.
If you do not have any bananas to hand then you can substitute them with apple sauce instead.
Thanks for reading this recipe, comment below if you made this and let me know how it went! Follow @simshomekitchen on Instagram, take a photo, tag and hashtag it with @simshomekitchen.
Stay connected and follow me for more recipes on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for all of my latest recipes!
Easy Pumpkin Banana Muffins
- Cupcake cases
- Cupcake tin
- Hand or stand whisk
- 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of granulated sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tsp of pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of oil vegetable or sunflower
- Preheat oven at 350F/175C fan/gas 4 and line the cupcake tins with cupcake cases. Add all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin spice to a bowl. Mix all of the ingredients well.
- Next, add pumpkin puree, oil, eggs and mashed ripe bananas to a separate bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir. Make sure you don’t over mix the batter.
- Place cupcake cases in a cupcake baking tin. Then, add a couple of spoons to each cupcake case. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Once the muffins are done, remove them from the oven, remove them from the tin and leave them to cool on a cooling rack.
- Serve these delicious, festive Pumpkin Banana Muffins for breakfast or as a snack during fall.
These came out so fluffy and light and so moist! They make the ideal breakfast or snack!
I had to use up my surplus of LAST year’s pumpkin before hubby let me grab more at the grocery store and these pumpkin banana muffins were an exceptional way to do so. Full of flavor and so easy to make.
My muffins turned out so moist and delicious! They were also very easy to prepare!
I whipped up a batch of those muffins last weekend for breakfast and they were so fluffy and light! Sooo good!! Thank you so much for sharing these. 💓
Had some bananas turning brown on the counter and needed something different than just banana bread. These mashup muffins were easy to make and absolutely DELICIOUS. The pumpkin banana combination made me a little nervous at first but they are perfect. Will make again!
Super delish! We had to stop ourselves from eating the whole thing in one day lol.
I’ve only made these muffins once but they were gone so fast I can already tell they’ll be a fall favorite in my household. Thank you!