A mouthwatering quick chicken and avocado salad bowl served with greens, tomatoes, red onions and herbs – Ready in 30 minutes!
The sun is finally out! This chicken and avocado salad is the perfect meal to get you through the day. This salad is one of my favorite go to meals. It so simple to make and very satisfying.
This meal is great for anyone who is losing/maintaining their weight. It is carb free, rich in protein and healthy fats.
I usually find that people have a negative opinion of salads because they don’t add a dressing. As a result the salads come out very bland and eating it can feel like a punishment! I made a super quick dressing for this salad with a few simple ingredients: balsamic vinegar, lemon, herbs, salt, pepper and it tasted amazing. So next time you make a salad don’t forget to add a dressing because it really helps to enhance the flavor of each ingredient.
- This bowl is very easy to customize. I used baby spinach and rocket but feel free to swap these with your favorite greens.
- If you’re looking to feed more than one person double or triple the recipe!
- You can also swap the chicken with salmon, beef, chickpeas (vegan option) and more.
Can be stored in the fridge for 1-2 days but is best eaten fresh. This is also a great meal prep option.
Note: Make sure you wash all of your veggies.
Quick Chicken and Avocado Salad
- 1 chicken fillet
- 1/2 avocado (sliced)
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 handful of rocket
- 1 handful of kale (cooled pre-cooked)
- 1/4 red onion (sliced)
- 1 tbsp parsley (roughly chopped)
- Balsamic vinegar to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- Sunflower oil (enough to coat the pan)
- Bash chicken fillet with a blunt object (this helps the chicken to cook faster).
- Season chicken with salt and pepper (and any other seasoning of your choice).
- Heat a splash of oil in a pan, add the chicken fillet and cook on each side until for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add spinach, rocket, tomatoes, onions, kale, avocado and parsley to a bowl and set aside. Add lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper to a small bowl and whisk well to make your dressing. Pour the dressing onto the salad ingredients and toss all of the ingredients together.
- Place the cooked chicken fillet on a board, slice diagonally, carefully move to the center of the bowl and serve.