Crisp, sweet and tasty. This delightful Easy Kale Apple Salad is bursting with flavor and crunch. It’s drizzled with a zesty apple cider vinegar dressing. Enjoy this salad for a light lunch or dinner.
This autumn apple pecan salad is full of delicious fall flavors! It has simple ingredients like Apple, Pomegranate seeds, Feta, and Nuts that add sweetness, creaminess, and crunch. The Kale and Brussels sprouts make it filling and nutritious. The tangy apple cider vinegar with maple syrup dressing complements the whole salad. Serve this tangy salad as a main or side during fall or Christmas.
What I Love About Recipes
- The flavors are amazing and complement each other perfectly!
- It’s a vegetarian and low-carb dish that is satisfying and healthy!
- It’s a simple and fast recipe that doesn’t require much effort or time.
- You can easily scale up the recipe to serve a large group.
- Kale: I like to use fresh kale for this recipe, but you can also use cooked kale if you prefer.
- Brussels sprouts: Select fresh, unbruised sprouts and remove the stem before slicing thinly.
- Red apples: Choose juicy apples for this recipe and cut them into thin wedges. Discard the stem.
- Pomegranate seeds: Extract seeds from a pomegranate or use ready-made seeds.
- Feta (crumbled): Pick your favorite type of feta for taste.
- Pecans: Chop pecans to add some crunch to the salad.
Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing:
- Olive oil: Use high-quality olive oil for the best flavor.
- Apple cider vinegar: This adds a sour taste to the dressing.
- Maple syrup: For a touch of sweetness.
- Salt: As per your preference.
- Black pepper: As per your preference.
If you like walnuts, you can use them instead of pecans for this apple salad. They are a popular choice.
To make this salad more filling, you can also toss in some cooked chicken pieces or leftover rotisserie chicken.
You can add some sliced fennel to the salad for extra crunch and flavor.
How to Make Apple Fall Salad
- Start by making the dressing. Combine oil, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, salt and pepper in a jar and shake.
- Add kale to a bowl, pour one-quarter of the dressing into the bowl, and massage it in.
- Next, add chopped Brussels sprouts, sliced apples, crumbled feta, pomegranate seeds, and chopped pecans. Then, pour the dressing over the salad.
- Serve and enjoy Kale and Apple Salad during fall or Christmas.
Tips and Tricks
Apples: Cut apples right before serving to prevent browning. Choose a sweet and crisp variety for the best taste.
Massage: Rub the apple cider vinegar dressing into the kale to make the kale tender and tasty.
Opt for sweet apples when making salads. Some of the best apples for salads are Honeycrisp, Fuji, Pink Lady, and Gala.
To prevent the apples from browning, you can spritz them with lemon juice or honey.
Raw kale is safe to eat as long as you prepare it properly.
Thanks for reading this recipe; comment below if you made this and let me know how it went! Follow @simshomekitchen on Instagram, take a photo, tag and hashtag it with @simshomekitchen.
Easy Kale Apple Salad
- 3-4 cups of Kale
- 2-3 Red apples
- ¾ cup Pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup Feta crumbled
- ¼ cup Pecans chopped
- ⅓ cup of olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoon of maple syrup
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- To make the dressing, mix oil, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, salt and pepper in a jar and shake well.
- Put kale in a bowl, drizzle one-quarter of the dressing over it, and rub it in.
- Then, add cut Brussels sprouts, wedged apples, feta cheese, pomegranate seeds, and pecans. Pour the rest of the dressing on the salad.
- Enjoy this delicious Kale and Apple Salad.