This Healthy Mango Salad Recipe is perfect for hot summer days. It includes sweet mango, crunchy cucumber, creamy avocado, fragrant herbs, sweet bell peppers and red onions. Make it in less than 15 minutes and serve as a main or side.
Let's get into this sweet, juicy refreshing mango avocado salad! It is cooling and packed with flavor. Make this easy vibrant salad with chopped mango, crunchy veggies, herbs, lime juice, salt and chili flakes! This salad pairs well with various dishes like chicken thighs and salmon.
What I Love About This Recipe
- It's beautiful and vibrant.
- The mango adds sweetness to every bite.
- It can be served with a variety of things.
- It is quick, easy and inexpensive to make.
- Mango: Select a juicy ripe mango for the best flavor. Chop them into cubes or slice them.
- Avocado: Pick a ripe avocado for this recipe. Peel and remove the seed from an avocado—then cube or slice.
- Red capsicum peppers: Use fresh, ripe and unbruised bell peppers. Chop them into cubes or slice them.
- Red onions: Use these onions as they are sweeter than other onions. Dice the onions or slice them thinly.
- Lime: Use fresh lime juice for flavor.
- Cucumber: I use English cucumber for this recipe. Dice them into bite-sized pieces.
- Cilantro: Use fresh coriander and chop.
- Salt: To taste
- Red chili flakes: To taste.
This salad is so versatile you can add or omit any of the ingredients to suit your taste. For example, a popular addition is black beans. Add ½ a cup of cooked black beans to the salad and toss.
You can also add feta to give the salad a tangy taste or add 1 cup of shrimp to make it protein-rich.
How to Make Mango Salad
- Chop mangoes and avocado into cubes. Then dice red capsicum peppers, cucumbers and red onions. Finally, roughly chop coriander. Add all of the ingredients to a bowl.
2. Then, squeeze lime juice into the salad, add salt to taste, red chili flakes to taste and olive oil. Toss the salad well then serve immediately and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- Mango: It is important to use fresh ripe mango for this recipe. If it is unripe, the mango will be too hard; if it is too ripe, it will be soft and mushy.
- Veggies: Use fresh veggies for the salad for the best flavor.
- Seasoning: Taste the salad as you go and adjust the seasoning to suit your taste.
Mango salad is an easy salad option. It can be made with different ingredients. Some popular combinations include mango, avocado, cucumbers, red capsicum peppers and black beans or mango and veggies.
If you are making something sweet, spices like clove, cinnamon, and nutmeg work well. For a savory recipe, add chili and herbs like cilantro, mint, and basil add flavor.
Cut mango into cubes or slice them into bite-sized pieces for a salad.
Thanks for reading this recipe; comment below if you made this and let me know how it went! Follow @simshomekitchen on Instagram, take a photo, tag and hashtag it with @simshomekitchen.
Healthy Mango Salad Recipe
- Chefs knife
- Chopping boards
- Salad bowl
- 2 Mango chopped
- 2 Avocado chopped
- 2 Red capsicum peppers chopped
- 1 Red onions chopped
- 1 Cucumber chopped
- ½ cup Coriander chopped
- 1 Lime
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon of red chilli flakes
- A drizzle olive oil
- Cut the mangoes and avocado into bite-sized pieces. Dice the red capsicum peppers, cucumbers, and red onions into small chunks. Roughly chop the coriander leaves and add them to a large salad bowl along with the other ingredients.
- Squeeze the juice of a fresh lime over the salad and season with salt and red chili flakes to your liking. Drizzle some olive oil over the salad and toss everything well to combine. Serve your colorful and refreshing salad immediately or chill it in the fridge until ready to enjoy.