Spicy roasted cauliflower florets seasoned with curry powder, paprika and more! Serve as a side or eat as a meat substitute.
When I first stumbled across roasted cauliflower as a side I was a bit apprehensive because of my negative experiences with it (I can still remember the overcooked cauliflower served during lunchtimes at school).
However, this spicy roasted cauliflower recipe has completely converted me and I am now team cauliflower (hooray!). If roasted and seasoned correctly cauliflowers have the potential to taste AMAZING plus they are very high in nutrients.
Another popular way to serve cauliflower is with cheese and you can also make cauliflower rice (one of my favourite carb-free options) which can be served as a healthy side. https://simshomekitchen.com/how-to-make-cauli-rice/
How to Make Spicy Roasted Cauliflower
- Preheat the oven at 200C. Then you will need to wash the cauliflower well with water.
- Once you have washed the cauliflower remove the stem (as shown below).
- Use a knife to cut the cauliflower into florets (small pieces).
- Add the florets to a baking tray. Then, add a drizzle of vegetable oil, 1/4 tsp of garlic powder, cumin 1/2 tsp of cumin, 1/4 tsp of curry powder, 1/4 tsp of paprika and salt to taste.
- Mix well so that each piece is coated with seasoning. Then, bake for 15-20 minutes on each side and serve.
These spicy roasted cauliflower florets are best eaten on the day. However, they can be stored in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
Alternatives to Spicy Roasted Cauliflower
You can alter the seasoning to suit your taste. For example, if you prefer less seasoning then add a pinch of salt and pepper to the florets instead. If you prefer less heat then decrease the amount of paprika that you add.
How to Make Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 cauliflower (washed and chopped)
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp of paprika
- Salt to taste
- A drizzle of vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven at 200C. Wash the cauliflower and remove the stem.
- Use a knife to cut the cauliflower into florets (small pieces) and add the florets to a baking tray.
- Add a drizzle of vegetable oil, garlic powder, cumin, curry powder, paprika and salt to taste.
- Toss or mix well so that each floret is coated with seasoning. Then, bake for 15-20 minutes on each side and serve.