These low-carb Cajun cauliflower wraps are SO easy to make and they taste delicious! Fried cauliflower has a meat-like texture and the other veggies add a lot of crunch. You can use collard greens instead of tortillas as a wrap. This is a fabulous vegetarian/vegan option and it’s great for sharing.
These wraps can be eaten for lunch, dinner, or as a snack and they are perfect for anyone who is trying to cut down on carbs. Serve with any dipping sauce of your choice (my favorite is peanut sauce).
Cajun cooking originates from the French-speaking Acadian decedents of Lousiana and is known for its spicy notes and heartiness. A few examples of popular Cajun dishes are jambalaya and gumbo.
Cajun seasoning was the leading ingredient in this recipe. It is packed with flavor and includes: garlic powder, onion powder, salt, paprika and thyme (ingredients vary depending on brand). This seasoning is great to have in your cupboard and can be added to many different ingredients to give more flavor.
Collard greens can be cooked or served raw. Both have many health benefits. Like most dark leafy greens, collard greens are packed with vitamins and are great for lowering cholesterol and weight loss.
I used collard greens in these low carb cajun cauliflower wraps because they are very firm and hold the ingredients together really well. Other greens tend to fall apart and can cause things to get messy really fast!
How to Make Low-Carb Cajun Collard Green Wraps
- Wash cauliflower and chop. Add cauliflower and a splash of oil to a bowl. Season with salt, paprika, Cajun seasoning, garlic seasoning and ground coriander.
- Then, pan fry cauliflower florets on a medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Place two collard green leaves on top of each other so that they overlap in the center. Add carrots, cabbage, cauliflower and tomatoes to the middle, wrap up and cut down the middle.
- Finally, serve with a delicious dipping sauce.
You can customize this recipe based on your needs and dietary restrictions. You can add just about anything to a collard green wrap or make easy switches.
- These wraps are a great meal prep option.
- For a vegan option fill it with your favorite veggies (carrots, tomato, broccoli, celery, tofu etc).
- To up the protein in a vegetarian option fill it with eggs, cheese, tempeh etc.
- For a keto or paleo option then add chicken, beef, prawns etc.
Best eaten fresh. Refrigerate for 1-2 days.
- Spicy Roasted Cauliflower
- 20 Simple Vegan Recipes For Beginners
- Cauliflower Falafel Veggie Burgers From Cookie and Kate
Low Carb Cajun Cauliflower Wraps
- 1/2 cauliflower (washed and chopped)
- 1-2 tsp of cajun seasoning
- 1/4-1/2 tsp of garlic seasoning
- 1/2 tsp of ground coriander
- Salt to taste
- Paprika to taste
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 1/4 red cabbage (chopped)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 12 collard green wraps (wash and remove stem)
- A splash of vegetable oil
- Wash cauliflower and chop. Add cauliflower and a splash of oil to a bowl. Season with salt, paprika, cajun seasoning, garlic seasoning and ground coriander.
- Pan fry on a medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Place two collard green leaves on top of each other so that they overlap in the centre. Add carrots, cabbage, cauliflower and tomatoes to the middle, wrap up and cut down the middle.
- Serve with a delicious dipping sauce.