Enjoy this vibrant and cooling Strawberry Frappuccino this summer in no time at all. This refreshing Starbucks-inspired drink can be made in less than 5 minutes using just 5-ingredients! So what are you waiting for?
About this Recipe
If you have been to Starbucks you’d know that one of their most popular drinks, especially during the summer is the Frappuccino. Frappuccino is generally a sweetened iced, blended coffee drink. It normally consists of a cream or coffee base which is blended with ice and other ingredients such as syrup and topped with whipped cream and or spices.
Today’s recipe is a twist on the classic. We are using strawberry minus the coffee to make a strawberry version of the Frappuccino.
This recipe requires only five ingredients and a high-powered smoothie maker or blender. In less than five minutes, you will have a yummy refreshing drink for a hot summer’s day.
Strawberry Frappuccino Ingredients
The five ingredients you would need for this recipe are:
- Frozen Strawberries: Frozen strawberries are best for this recipe to acheive a thick and creamy texture.
- Milk: Feel free to use any milk of your choice for this recipe. For a vegan Frappe use almond milk, coconut milk or soya milk. For a dairy frappe full fat milk works best. Bonus points if the milk is cold.
- Ice Cubes: Use crushed or cubed ice to make this frappe chilled and thicken the consistency.
- Vanilla Extract: Use good quality vanilla extract.
- Sugar: Feel free to adjust the quantity according to taste.
How to make Strawberry Frappuccino (Starbucks Inspired)
Making this recipe is super easy.
All you need to do is add the strawberries, ice, milk, vanilla extract and sugar to a smoothie maker or blender and blend until smooth.
Once you have blended your ingredients, transfer the frappuccino into a clean cup or jar.
Top with whipped cream, fresh strawberries and strawberry sauce.
Serve and enjoy!
- Strawberries: It is important to use frozen strawberries because they thicken the consistency of the frappuccino. Using normal strawberries may result in a watery frappe. Feel free to use store bought strawberries or freeze them yourself for at least 4 hours before blending.
- Vanilla extract: Taste of your vanilla extract is important here. Use good quality vanilla extract for this recipe
- Milk: You can use full fat milk or plant-based milk for this recipe. However, please note that each milk will give the frappuccino a different flavor.
- Alternatives: You can make lots of different types of frappuccinos using the same recipe. Another popular favorite is the caramel frappuccino, and vanilla frappe.
A frappuccino is a popular ice drink that originated from Starbucks. It is a blended mix of iced coffee, ice cubes and other ingredients such as flavored syrups.
They are usually topped with whipped cream and/or spices. They tend to be popular drinks during the summer months.
Thanks for reading this recipe, comment below if you made this and let me know how it went! Follow @simshomekitchen on Instagram, take a photo, tag and hashtag it with @simshomekitchen.
- Smoothie maker or blender
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries
- 2 cups of milk
- 0.5 cup of ice cubes
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp sugar
- Add frozen strawberries, ice cubes, milk, vanilla extract, sugar to a smoothie maker or blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour strawberry frappuccino into a cup or jar, add whipped cream, strawberry sauce, a strawberry and serve!
- Milk: You can use full-fat milk or plant-based milk for this recipe. However, please note that each milk will give the frappuccino a different flavor.
- Strawberries: It is important to use frozen strawberries because they thicken the consistency of the frappuccino. Using normal strawberries may result in a watery frappe. Feel free to use store-bought strawberries or freeze them yourself for at least 4 hours before blending.