Learn how to make lemon, mint, and cucumber detox water in less than 10 minutes! It is the perfect refreshing drink for hot summer days.
How To Make Lemon, Mint and Cucumber Detox Water
There’s nothing more refreshing than an ice-cold glass of cucumber detox water. This recipe, with lemon and mint, helps flush out toxins and suppresses your appetite. It’s SO simple to make and made for anyone who doesn’t really like drinking water, but needs to stay hydrated.
The key to this easy at-home detox water is choosing high-quality ingredients. Look for cucumber, lemon and mint that are at their peak ripeness, which indicates more nutrients.
Once you have the three simple ingredients on hand, you’re just five minutes away from a full jug of homemade detox water. First, simply slice the cucumber and lemon into thin slices. Next, roughly chop the fresh mint leaves. Finally, add your carefully prepared produce to a large jug and fill it with fresh filtered water.
Now, pop that jug into the fridge to let the flavors develop for at least an hour. Next time you go for a glass of refreshing water, you’ll have bright and flavorful lemon cucumber water to enjoy.
How To Choose the Best Produce for Detox Water
Before you start making detox water at home, here’s what to look for at the market:
- Select a cucumber that is bright green, firm, and heavy. Give it a gentle squeeze to ensure there are no soft spots or bruises along the length of the vegetable. I opt for organic cucumbers for detox water. However, if you can’t find organic, peeling the cucumber is a good way to remove any trace pesticides that might be on the skin.
- Always use fresh lemons for this detox water recipe. Look for fruit that has some give when you squeeze it. That’s a sign of ripeness. Also, avoid any citrus with scars, bruises, or discoloration. The skin should be vibrant and waxy, not dried out.
- Mint leaves should be fragrant, hardy, and dark green. Avoid mint that’s yellowing, old-looking or wilting. And give your leaves a good sniff. If they smell like mint, they’re fresh.
Ultimately, it’s vital to wash your produce for this detox water. Otherwise, any dirt on the surface of your cucumber, lemon, or mint leaves will end up in your drink!
Make This Lemon Mint and Cucumber Detox Water Your Own: Recipe Alternatives
You can easily alter the amounts of each ingredient in this detox recipe to suit your taste. For example, if you can’t get enough mint, add an extra bunch of leaves. On the other hand, if you are not to keen on lemons, then half the portion in the recipe. Or, substitute them with another citrus that you love, such as lime, orange or grapefruit.
For this detox water recipe, I use cucumber, lemon, and mint. But, there are dozens of tasty and healthy ways to flavor your own detox water. Here are some other fresh and creative flavor pairings to try:
- Strawberry and mint
- Mango and ginger
- Blueberry and lemon
- Lemon and lavender
- Orange and basil
How To Store Lemon, Mint and Cucumber Detox Water
In many ways, this detox water is the gift that keeps on giving! After you finish your first jug, you can refill it with water for up to 3 days before discarding (or eating) the mint, lemon and cucumber.
Thanks for reading this recipe, comment below if you made this and let me know how it went! Follow @simshomekitchen on Instagram, take a photo, tag and hashtag it with @simshomekitchen.
How to Make Lemon, Mint and Cucumber Detox Water
- Large jug
- 1/2 cucumber (sliced)
- 1/2 lemon (sliced)
- 1/2 a handful of mint (roughly chopped)
- A jug of water
- Wash and chop cucumbers, lemon and mint.
- Add ingredients to a large jug.
- Add water to the jug and refrigerate for 1 hour. Drink up!
PRODUCTS USED TO MAKE LEMON MINT AND CUCUMBER DETOX WATER:
Do you love the refreshing zing of lemon, mint and cucumber detox water? Then something tells me these other fruity recipes are right up your ally: