Make the Best Strawberry Margarita recipe using 5 ingredients. It is bursting with flavor from the frozen strawberries, lime juice, tequila and triple sec. This cocktail will have you feeling like you are in your favorite cocktail bar! Serve on Valentine’s day or in summer.
This strawberry margarita is my go-to cocktail on a hot summer’s day. It is made with frozen strawberries to give it a cooling, luscious texture that always goes down well. I also like to serve this cocktail on Valentine’s day because its vibrant red color fits perfectly with the theme.
What I Love About This Recipe
My favorite thing about this strawberry margarita recipe is the presentation. With a few simple ingredients, you can serve them cocktail bar style!
It is also super easy to make. You don’t need a cocktail shaker or fancy bartender skills simply add all of the ingredients to a blender and let it do all of the work.
Last but not least, I love the flavor combination. The frozen strawberries and honey add sweetness to the drink, the lime juice adds a hint of sourness and the tequila and triple sec give it a boozy kick. The flavor combination is truly on point!
- Frozen strawberries: Use shop-bought frozen strawberries or freeze your own for at least 8 hours before making the drink.
- Lime juice: I used fresh lime juice for this recipe however, feel free to use readymade juice instead.
- Tequila: Select a good quality tequila for this recipe.
- Cointreau or triple sec: Add triple sec to this cocktail. If you don’t have any, orange liqueur will work well instead.
- Honey: Adds sweetness.
- Margarita glasses
If you want to give this fresh strawberry margarita a twist add some basil. This will give the drink a herby flavor. To heat things up add jalapeños instead.
You can also make a virgin strawberry margarita by omitting the tequila and triple sec altogether.
How to Make Easy Strawberry Margarita
- Add frozen strawberries to a blender. Then, pour lime juice, tequila, triple sec and honey into the blender.
2. Blend the ingredients until smooth.
3. Dip the rim of a cocktail glass into water or lime juice. Then dip the rim into salt or sugar. The liquid will help the crystals to stick to the glass and give that notorious frosted effect.
4. Pour the margarita into the frosted cocktail glasses and add a wedge of lime on the rim.
5. Serve these beautiful margaritas on Valentine’s day, in summer or when entertaining guests.
- Strawberries: If you are freezing fresh strawberries, then wash and clean them first. Then remove the stem. If the strawberries are large, then it may be a good idea to cut some of them in half to make it easier when blending.
- Tequila: The great thing about this recipe is that you can adjust the alcohol strength to suit your preference. Add less or more depending on your taste.
- Honey: The same goes for honey. Add less or more to suit your taste.
- Storage: It is best to drink this cocktail straight away.
It is made using strawberries, tequila, lime juice, orange liqueur, and honey. These ingredients are blended together until smooth. Then, the drink is poured into a cocktail glass with salt on the rim and served with a wedge of lime or strawberry.
Strawberry daiquiris are made with rum, citrus juice, and sugar. Whereas, strawberry margaritas include strawberries, tequila, lime juice, orange liqueur and honey.
Tequila and orange liqueur, such as triple sec are the best alcohol for a margarita mix.
To make a traditional margarita mix tequila, triple sec and lime juice. Serve it on the rocks with salt.
Thanks for reading this recipe, comment below if you made this and let me know how it went! Follow @simshomekitchen on Instagram, take a photo, tag and hashtag it with @simshomekitchen.
Stay connected and follow me for more recipes on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for all of my latest recipes!
Best Strawberry Margarita
- 300 g strawberries frozen
- 3/4 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tbsp honey
- Add frozen strawberries, tequila, triple sec, lime juice and honey to a blender and mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a glass and serve with a wedge of lime. See notes to decorate.
I haven’t had a decent strawberry margarita in years and that’s saying a LOT since I live in Texas. This had the perfect amount of tequila paired with the sweet berries.
The addition of honey made these margaritas truly special. I can’t wait to make them again next weekend!
I had some girlfriends over for a taco bar and made a batch of these margaritas. They were so good, we made another batch and a few people ended up taking ubers home lol. So good!
This marg was so easy to make and I had all the ingredients on hand. SO glad I found your recipe. Thank you!