A no-carb Cajun Shrimp Fajita Pan with a spicy twist. This keto and paleo skillet meal includes creamy avocado chunks and tangy lime. And, it’s ready in under 30 minutes.
This Cajun shrimp fajita pan recipe is a guaranteed hit at your family dinner table. At mine, it truly disappeared in seconds. This one-pan dish has all of the goodies: creamy avocado slices, juicy shrimp, tangy lime, and crisp-tender bell peppers. And did I mention that this is a naturally paleo, keto, whole30, and carb-free recipe!
Click the video below to watch how I make this delicious one pan dinner:
What is Cajun Seasoning?
Chicken fajitas are a staple at Sims Home Kitchen. However, this time we decided to do something different and use shrimps as our main ingredient instead.
We’ve been loving Cajun seasoning recently, so we used it to season the shrimp in this dish and we weren’t disappointed! If you love spicy and hearty flavors, then I definitely recommend adding Cajun seasoning to your cupboard! It’s easy to find at most grocery stores, and you’ll love how it tastes.
Classic Cajun flavors include paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, dried thyme, and other herbs. You can even make your own if you have a well-stocked spice cabinet.
What are Fajitas?
Fajitas originated in Mexico. The dish consists of any grilled meat served with tacos or tortillas. The name Fajita is a nickname from the word “faja” in Spanish. This refers to the skirt steak of a cow, which was the first cut of beef used in the traditional dish. Today, fajitas are filled with chicken, vegetables, other cuts of beef and more.
My spin on fajitas is a one-skillet dinner that highlights fresh shrimp.
What To Serve With One-Pan Shrimp Fajitas
This simple one-pot dinner is quite versatile. You can serve it with many different things, such as:
- Tortillas (choose low-carb to keep this meal keto-friendly)
- Salad (I love serving it with a simple green salad)
- Bulgur Wheat
- Roasted sweet potato wedges
Ingredient Substitutions and Swaps
It’s easy to play with the ingredients in this dish. Some ingredient alternatives include:
- For a stronger onion flavor, cook the Cajun shrimp fajita pan with fresh, diced onions instead of onion seasoning.
- I use fresh large prawns in this recipe. However, feel free to use frozen prawns instead. If you are using frozen prawns, soak them in water to thaw before cooking.
Is This Cajun Shrimp Fajita Recipe Keto?
It sure is! This recipe happens to be keto-friendly, as well as Whole30, paleo and it is 100% carb-free! It’s packed with colorful vegetables for a nutrient-packed meal. You can even make the dish dairy-free by swapping out butter for olive oil.
Can I Make Cajun Shrimp Fajita Pan Ahead of Time?
This dish can be stored for 2-3 days. Therefore, it’s a great meal prep recipe because it goes with so many different things!
More Favorite Shrimp Recipes
In love with prawns? Then try these other quick and easy dinners featuring shrimp:
Cajun Shrimp Fajita Pan
- Pan or Skillet
- 500 g fresh large prawns
- 1-2 tbsp of butter
- 1/4-1/2 tsp of Cajun seasoning
- Salt to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Paprika to taste
- 1/4 tsp of onion powder
- 1/4 tsp of cumin powder
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- A splash of olive oil
- Remove the shell from each prawn and devein. Melt butter in a large pan on a low/medium heat then add the prawns to the pan. Season with salt, Cajun seasoning and cayenne pepper and cook on each side for 3-5 minutes (or until done).
- Once the prawns are cooked, remove them from the heat and add them to a plate. Pour a splash of oil into the same pan and add the peppers. Season with salt, paprika, onion powder and cumin. Cook for 4-7 minutes (or until soft) and stir from time to time.
- Meanwhile, chop up the avocado, lime and get ready to plate up! Serve with tortillas or rice.