Whip up this delicious crunchy kale and egg salad in 20 minutes! Add eggs, tomato, kale and more to this salad. Feel free to add your favourites!
This super crunchy kale salad is jam-packed full of vitamins and healthy ingredients to give you all the energy you’ll need for the day.
At Sims Home Kitchen, we know not to underestimate the power of kale. It is one of the healthiest ingredients around. (If you didn’t know, the darker green the vegetable is, the healthier it is for you!)
Kale is high in vitamins C and K, as well as iron and nutrients that are proven to increase health benefits and even get rid of disease! Something this powerful can’t be ignored. We had to give it a try, and we want you to try it out as well!
Boiled Eggs Alternative
The crispy kale contrasts well with the soft, fluffy boiled eggs that we slice and dice as a favourite topping. Some of our readers don’t prefer this kind of protein on their salads, so as usual, we like to provide plenty of alternatives!
If egg is a no-go for you, you can try one of the following substitutes for this delicious salad:
- Silken tofu
- Chia seeds
- Mashed banana
All of these substances provide tons of protein, as well as that same silky texture that you can expect from the boiled eggs. The beauty of salads is that they are so diverse, you can easily add, subtract, or substitute whatever items you want.
Our crunchy kale salad contains everything to satisfy you. It’s nice and crispy, and it’s complemented by all the sweet flavours we added in the mix. Take a look!
How to Make our Crunchy Kale and Egg Salad
1. Add 4 eggs to a saucepan. Fill the pan with water so that it covers the eggs. Bring it to a boil, and then let it simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let eggs cool. Once they are cooled, peel and slice them.
2. Get out another saucepan, fill it with water, and bring it to a boil. Then, add 4 handfuls of kale and cook it for a couple of minutes. Drain the kale and let it cool.
3. In a salad bowl, add the sliced eggs and boiled kale, as well as 2 sliced tomatoes, 6 sliced radishes, a dash of olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss the salad and add balsamic vinegar or whatever other seasoning you prefer.
4. Optional: Add sliced carrots and pine seeds for even more crunch.
5. Split it up into multiple servings and enjoy!
Crunchy Kale and Egg Salad
- 4 handfuls of fresh kale
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 medium sized tomato sliced
- 6 radishes sliced
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Balsamic vinegar to taste
- Any other seasoning of your choice
- Olive oil
- Place eggs in a saucepan and fill the saucepan with water (enough to cover the eggs). Bring to a boil and leave to simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Leave eggs to cool in cold water, peel and slice. Boil water in another small saucepan and add a pinch of salt. Add kale and cook on a medium heat for 2-4 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Add the kale, tomatoes, radishes and eggs to a bowl. Season with salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar and any other seasoning of your choice.
i. If you are not a fan of kale, fresh baby spinach is a good alternative.
ii. Wash all of the vegetables before use.