This skinny banana split breakfast recipe is super easy to make and it’s healthy. We replaced ice cream with yoghurt and caramel sauce with almond butter!
All kids ask to have dessert for breakfast, and most of the time, the answer is a resounding no. However, as adults, we are finding ways to get creative so we can have our cake and eat it too – literally!
We’ve come up with a skinny banana split breakfast that combines all of your favorite ingredients that make this classic dessert with a twist of healthy, homemade ingredients to make it totally appropriate for a well-rounded breakfast.
Let’s dig in!
Benefits of this Banana Split Breakfast
We’ve come up with organic replacements of the sugary, fattening materials that make up a regular banana split that don’t sacrifice the sweet flavors that you’re used to. Some of our favorite replacements include:
- Real Greek yoghurt instead of ice cream
- Almond butter instead of maple syrup
- Handfuls of berries instead of chocolate chips
It’s a great way to have an exciting breakfast, and it can satisfy that sweet tooth without stuffing tons of calories or processed ingredients into your body.
Also, you will spend less time with preparation, too because you won’t have to deal with sticky chocolate syrup or ice cream drippings!
Need a Banana Replacement?
If you aren’t too keen on bananas, or you just feel like you want to lower your sugar and fat intake. Then, you can replace bananas with other types of fruit. Remember, bananas are less soft when it comes to texture, so you’ll want something that can be just as hearty.
Our recommendation? Try peach slices, strawberries, or even a homemade oats bar!
In addition, root vegetables like sweet potatoes and butternut squash are great replacements for bananas as they offer similar nutritional value. However, you may want to choose something on the sweeter side that will taste good with all of the yoghurt and chocolate flavours in this recipe.
How to Make the Skinny Banana Split Breakfast Recipe
- Start by taking take one banana and split it in half lengthwise. Then, place it on your favorite plate.
- Next, add ¾ Tbsp of Greek yoghurt (or your favorite dairy-free yoghurt alternative) on top of the banana slices.
- Then, take your favorite berries and sprinkle a handful of them on top. We recommend blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries which are packed full of vitamins and proteins.
- Finally, add organic granola and drizzle homemade almond butter as the final touch to this healthy breakfast and enjoy!
Freeze Your Banana Split!
You can freeze all of the ingredients of this banana split and save it for another day.
Also, enjoy it as a dessert that makes a filling alternative to the traditional dish!
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes
Thanks for reading this recipe, comment below if you made this and let me know how it went! Follow @simshomekitchen on Instagram, take a photo, tag and hashtag it with @simshomekitchen.
- 1 banana
- Greek yoghurt
- 1 handful of mixed berries
- Almond butter
- Take one banana and split it in half lengthwise. Put it on your favorite plate.
- Add ¾ Tbsp of Greek yoghurt (or your favorite dairy-free yoghurt alternative) on top of the banana slices.
- Take your favorite berries and sprinkle a handful of them on top. We recommend blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries which are packed full of vitamins and proteins.
- Add organic granola and drizzle homemade almond butter as the final touch to this healthy breakfast.