Make this mouth-watering Ninja Foodi Chicken Recipe in no time at all! This recipe is fuss-free and requires a few easy-to-find ingredients. Serve it for dinner with potatoes, salad, sweet potatoes fries or veggies.
About this Recipe
Air fryers are a great alternative to deep frying because you get to use little to no oil. In fact, the oil intake is reduced by about 70 – 80 percent. You also don’t have to watch the food as it cooks and there is no risk of accidentally splashing or spilling hot oil. Just set the temperature, time and let it work its magic while you have a cup of tea or get something else done!
I love serving chicken pieces because they feed many and there are usually leftovers. It is also very versatile and can be served with a variety of sides like roasted vegetables, roasted potatoes, dauphinoise potatoes and more.
For this recipe, I decided to cut a whole chicken into pieces before adding it to the air fryer. This helps the chicken to cook faster and it is easier to fit the pieces into an air fryer in comparison to a whole chicken.
Another great thing about this recipe is that it can be seasoned in lots of different ways. I decided to keep things simple and use a lemon and herb marinade but feel free to add any other seasoning of your choice to suit your taste.
Ninja Foodi Chicken Recipe Ingredients
- Chicken pieces or whole chicken: Select a fresh whole chicken or chicken pieces for this recipe. If the chicken is frozen then make sure you allow it to thaw completely before you season it.
- Garlic: Grate or finely chop a generous amount of garlic for the marinade.
- Lemon: Use fresh lemons or shop-bought lemon juice to add a splash of citrusy flavor to the chicken.
- Mixed herbs: Use dried mixed herbs for this recipe. If you don’t have dried mixed herbs then make your own by adding dried parsley, thyme, oregano and basil.
- Salt and pepper to taste: For flavor.
- Vegetable or Sunflower Oil: Add a splash of oil to the marinade.
Ninja Foodi Chicken Recipe
1.Add oil, salt to taste, black pepper to taste, mixed herbs, lemon juice, lemon zest and grated garlic to a bowl and stir. Set aside.
2. Clean the whole chicken. Then chop the chicken into pieces. Alternatively, you can use chicken pieces that have already been cut.
Tip: If you want your chicken pieces to be extra crispy then leave them to dry or pat them down with a paper towel before seasoning.
3. Preheat the air fryer to 180C/360F. Then add chicken pieces to the bowl and rub the marinade into the chicken pieces. You can leave the chicken to marinate for 30 minutes for more flavor or make it straight away.
Tip: Add any seasoning of your choice at this stage.
4. Add the chicken pieces to the air fryer and roast for 18-20 minutes on each side. If all of the chicken pieces cannot fit into the air fryer then cook it in two batches.
Tips and Tricks
- Seasoning: The great thing about chicken is that it can be seasoned in so many different ways. I decided to use a few simple easy-to-find ingredients for this recipe but feel free to add any other seasoning of your choice. Some popular alternatives are spicy chicken, soy chicken and more.
- Marinate: For more intense flavors leave the chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes before air frying.
- Air fryer: If you are not using a Ninja Foodi air fryer then you may have to change the temperature or timing slightly. It shouldn’t differ too much though as most air fryers are pretty similar.
- Crispy chicken: To make the chicken crispy you can use the max crisp mode for the last 3-5 minutes.
Start by preheating the air fryer to 180C/360F. Then season the chicken to taste and add a splash of oil. Rub the seasoning into the chicken then air fry for about 20 minutes. Make sure you flip the chicken after the first ten minutes.
Yes, you certainly can. Add parchment paper to the base of the air fryer before cooking. It helps the air fryer to stay clean and also prevents the food from sticking to the air fryer.
If you want to cook a whole chicken in an air fryer without cutting it into pieces then you will need an air fryer with a 6- to 10-quart basket.
Thanks for reading this recipe, comment below if you made this and let me know how it went! Follow @simshomekitchen on Instagram, take a photo, tag and hashtag it with @simshomekitchen.
Ninja Foodi Chicken Recipe
- 1 medium-sized whole chicken or chicken pieces
- 1/2 Lemon
- 2-3 garlic cloves grated
- 2 tsp of lemon zest
- 1-2 tbsp of mixed herbs
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- A splash of vegetable or sunflower oil
- Add oil, salt to taste, black pepper to taste, mixed herbs, lemon juice and grated garlic to a bowl and stir. Set aside for later.
- Clean a whole chicken then chop it into pieces. Alternatively, you can use chicken pieces that have already been cut.
- Preheat air fryer at 180C/360F. Then add chicken pieces to the bowl and rub the marinade into the chicken pieces. You can leave the chicken to marinate for 30 minutes if you would like more flavor.
- Add the chicken pieces to the air fryer and roast for 18-20 minutes on each side. If all of the chicken pieces cannot fit into the air fryer then cook it in two batches.
- If you want your chicken pieces to be extra crispy then leave them to dry or pat them down with a paper towel before seasoning.
- Add any seasoning of your choice.