This orange cucumber and mint water is bright, vibrant and is the perfect way to add flavor to water. It is bursting with zesty, minty and cooling flavors and is just what you need to cool down this summer! Prepare this tasty infused water in less than 10 minutes.
How to Choose the Best Produce for Detox Water
I love detox water because it is always so refreshing and easy to make. It is also perfect for anyone who doesn’t really like drinking water, but needs to stay hydrated. This recipe includes oranges, cucumbers and mint which help to flush out toxins and suppresses the appetite.
Before you start making detox water at home, here’s what to look for at the market:
- Select a cucumber that is bright green, firm, and heavy. Give it a gentle squeeze to ensure there are no soft spots or bruises along the length of the vegetable. I opt for organic cucumbers for detox water. However, if you can’t find organic, peeling the cucumber is a good way to remove any trace pesticides that might be on the skin.
- Always use fresh oranges for this detox water recipe. Look for oranges that has some give when you squeeze it. That’s a sign of ripeness. Also, avoid any citrus with scars, bruises, or discoloration. The skin should be vibrant and waxy, not dried out.
- Mint leaves should be fragrant, hardy, and dark green. Avoid mint that’s yellowing, old-looking or wilting. And give your leaves a good sniff. If they smell like mint, they’re fresh.
How to make Orange Cucumber and Mint Water
To make this easy at-home detox water choose high-quality ingredients. Look for cucumbers, oranges and mint leaves that are ripe and vibrant in colour. This indicates that they are rich in nutrients.
- First you’ll need to wash the oranges, cucumbers and mint leaves otherwise, any dirt on the surface of your cucumber, lemon, or mint leaves will end up in your drink!
- Then, slice oranges, cucumbers and roughly chop the mint leaves.
- Grab a large jug. Add the sliced oranges, cucumbers, mint leaves and ice.
- Stir the ingredients together, pop the jug into the fridge and let the flavors develop for at least an hour
You can easily alter the amounts of each ingredient in this detox recipe to suit your taste. For example, if you can’t get enough mint, add an extra bunch of leaves. On the other hand, if you are not to keen on oranges, then half the portion in the recipe. Or, substitute them with another citrus that you love, such as lime, lemon or grapefruit.
Orange and Mint Water Benefits
Oranges are packed with benefits! They are rich in vitamin C, prevent skin damage, controls blood sugar levels, lowers cholesterol and more.
Mint leaves are a refreshing herb that is added to drinks and food recipes like tabbouleh. Mint is: known to relieve indigestion, soothes cold symptoms and more.
There are a number of different fruits that can be added to cucumber water. You can add lemon and mint or orange and mint. Adding citrus boosts the flavor in water, makes it nutritious and adds Vitamin C and other nutrients.
This thirst-quenching cucumber and orange water recipe will help you to stay hydrated. It is believed that this drink is immunity-boosting and rich in vitamin C.
Leave the first jug to sit in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving. After you finish your first jug, you can refill it with water for up to 3 days before discarding (or eating) the mint, orange and cucumber.
Start by washing and chopping oranges, cucumbers and mint. Then add ingredients to a large jug and ice.
Finally, add water to the jug, stir and refrigerate for 1 hour. Then, drink up!
How to Store Orange Cucumber and Mint Water
After you finish your first jug, you can refill it with water for up to 3 days before discarding (or eating) the mint, orange and cucumber.
- Lemon, Mint and Cucumber Detox Water
- Strawberry Mint and Cucumber Water
- Orange and Berries Water Infusion From Further Food
Orange Cucmber and Mint Water
- chopping board
- 1-2 oranges sliced
- 1/2-1 cucumber sliced
- 1/2 a handful of mint roughly chopped
- 1-2 cups of ice
- A jug of water
- Wash and chop oranges, cucumbers and mint.
- Add ingredients to a large jug. Then add ice.
- Add water to the jug, stir and refrigerate for 1 hour. Drink up!